Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

SUAS Educational Rallies

Reaction score
Ok this hairbrained idea was cooked up by me moments ago at 0400 e.s.t. which means very little thought has gone into it, but that won't stop me so here goes.
Is there anyone in South Florida interested in helping to create and participating in sUAS public educational and awareness campaigns. It won't always be easy. I believe most people who are afraid of the tech hasn't truly seen it.
I'm willing to take a canopy, table chairs a PA system and my $7k I1 kit out and show the public its capabilities, unfortunately I am still new to the game as such there are obviously numerous questions I can't answer, so yes I'd like to ask others to join/assist me, also there's obviously strength in numbers. I AM NOT ASKING ANYONE FOR A SINGLE DIME! I'm asking for time and or resources and ideas.
If our community has any hope of stemming the tide of sUAS fearmongering and knee jerk regulations our best weapon is responsible hobbyists educating the public and showing we are no more dangerous than any other group of enthusiasts.
Local hobby shops should definitely consider joining in as I'm positive sUAS sales are hugely outpacing standard r/c sales and they definitely have a stake in the game.
I'd like to get started as early as March, I'll use a small generator and a monitor to show videos and photos taken with my craft or others if submitted, I'll answer the questions I can, I'd like to recommend this website for those I can't if the moderators approve and I'd encourage others to do the same in their communities. I've looked at the AMA Website and quite frankly I and many members aren't filled with confidence on their efforts. Every technology has its share of people who abuse it but they aren't being regulated out of existence, between FAA No Fly Zones and Local and State No Takeoff/Landing or Operations zones we may soon be limited to operating in our own backyard below six feet and never facing our neighbors property.
I'm more of a behind the scenes guy with very little charm or charisma so if others care to join me it would be great especially if media attention can be garnered.
Again this should not be just a South Florida initiative try it where you live!
Wish me luck, I'll post on how it goes for me or maybe you can watch me being kicked and pummeled by angry mobs of "drone" haters on the evening news.

Been there done that.

I have been doing public education about drone since December.

Most of the attendees were people that would not like to own a drone but to have a better understanding of them.

I would highly suggest you work with local and regional public libraries. They have access and the equipment you would need and work on your presentation. I got 23+ years of instructional speaking and honestly when people fire back at you be ready to be articulate in your response but generally people are willing to listen. Unfortunately I can't share my information but it does include a recommended action for folks that feel their privacy is being violated.

_1040456_zpssqqbj8fr.jpg

PS: Look for some sponsorship to offset the cost. My last class I has 43 people in attendance and seems to grow at every event.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacDyver
Been there done that.

Most of the attendees were people that would not like to own a drone but to have a better understanding of them.

I would highly suggest you work with local and regional public libraries. They have access and the equipment you would need and work on your presentation. I got 23+ years of instructional speaking and honestly when people fire back at you be ready to be articulate in your response but generally people are willing to listen. Unfortunately I can share my information but it does include a recommended action for folks that feel their privacy is being violated.

_1040456_zpssqqbj8fr.jpg

PS: Look for some sponsorship to offset the cost. My last class I has 43 people in attendance and seems to grow at every event.
Thanks for replying, I actually have presentation resources as one of my small businesses is Sound, Lighting and Stage production. I need smarter, charismatic and better looking people willing to assist.

Been there done that.

I would highly suggest you work with local and regional public libraries. They have access and the equipment you would need and work on your presentation. I got 23+ years of instructional speaking and honestly when people fire back at you be ready to be articulate in your response but generally people are willing to listen. Unfortunately I can share my information but it does include a recommended action for folks that feel their privacy is being violated.

_1040456_zpssqqbj8fr.jpg

Any chance you could share some of the topics on your PowerPoint Presentation? Save me from reinventing the wheel.

Great! And try to enlist the aid of other sUAS enthusiasts, there's strength in numbers.
I say we all take to the air simultaneously 3× a day!
Just to show numbers and to show nothing went wrong.

Also the news coverage would be perfect
Good chance to speak for yourself

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207