Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sudden Gimbal Jerk

I have the exact same problem. DJI asked me to send in my flight log. I sent it in 2 days ago and still waiting on a response. I think I have a defective gimbal.

Mine does the same thing, it jerks left, quite randomly. I have not noticed if this coincides with GPS signal loss or not but I have also emailed DJI today, will advise if I get any useful response.

Had the same problem on a big shoot last week. Powered everything down and booted radio & Inspire without gimbal. Then powered all down, put gimbal back on the started boot sequence again. No problems since.

Reply from DJI regarding gimbal jerk. It would appear it's an issue that has been reported by a few of us and they're on to it in the next firmware update.

"Hi Peter,
Great news.
I have confirmed with our R&D team.
Usually, this will appear during the initial flight of the Inspire 1. In the future firmware upgrade, this is confirmed to be optimized:)
This effect can be minimized after the IMU calibration and compass calibration.
:)
DJI Tech support "

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I had this happen on my maiden flight, it has not happened again. I have flown close to 20 times and logged about 3 1/2 hours of flight time. There may be a few bugs here and there with this machine, but so far I couldn't be happier with it and its performance.

Had the same problem on a big shoot last week. Powered everything down and booted radio & Inspire without gimbal. Then powered all down, put gimbal back on the started boot sequence again. No problems since.

I tried this method this morning after reading your post. I only had the opportunity to do one flight before having to head off to work but the gimbal behaved itself beautifully. I'll fly a few more times over the next couple of days to see if the problem has gone away completely and I'll also report back here.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Mine does exactly the same, I have seen it and have it recorded at least 5 times. Also when I go fast at about 20 mph and turn (using left stick)(mode 1) just trying to turn a couple degrees to correct my direction the whole aircraft turns about 90 degrees like if it loses its balance. Anybody had this happen?

Works just fine, needed some coffee. Did you happen to lose compass during this?
Blade Strike,

You notice that when the jerk happens the drone seems to be changing direction/slowing down. Could it possibly be a transmission issue or as one of the previous posts mentioned a push of the C1 button by mistake? I personally have not had this happen to me but when I hit the C1 button it is a similar effect.

I also notice the horizon is off slightly during the entire flight, I find that my Inspire does the same thing but I just correct it with the slave transmitter. Is there something I am doing wrong on startup or is the a calibration I need to go through? I ask because if I fly in single user mode I'd like to avoid having to manual adjust it in the app or powering up the slave transmitter

Mine does exactly the same, I have seen it and have it recorded at least 5 times. Also when I go fast at about 20 mph and turn (using left stick)(mode 1) just trying to turn a couple degrees to correct my direction the whole aircraft turns about 90 degrees like if it loses its balance. Anybody had this happen?

I had this happen...left the landing gear down. Did you have yours up or down?

Blade Strike,

You notice that when the jerk happens the drone seems to be changing direction/slowing down. Could it possibly be a transmission issue or as one of the previous posts mentioned a push of the C1 button by mistake? I personally have not had this happen to me but when I hit the C1 button it is a similar effect.

I also notice the horizon is off slightly during the entire flight, I find that my Inspire does the same thing but I just correct it with the slave transmitter. Is there something I am doing wrong on startup or is the a calibration I need to go through? I ask because if I fly in single user mode I'd like to avoid having to manual adjust it in the app or powering up the slave transmitter

No, personally I think it has something to do with compass errors and when the craft disables the compass.

@blade strike I think you could be right.. I have trouble when I calibrate my compass when the craft face down. It sometimes wont get past the second step. I sent DJI my flight log of the twitching gimbal and now they want me to send in my quad :((

I tried this method this morning after reading your post. I only had the opportunity to do one flight before having to head off to work but the gimbal behaved itself beautifully. I'll fly a few more times over the next couple of days to see if the problem has gone away completely and I'll also report back here.
Is the problem corrected? Mines got the jerks as well

@blade strike I think you could be right.. I have trouble when I calibrate my compass when the craft face down. It sometimes wont get past the second step. I sent DJI my flight log of the twitching gimbal and now they want me to send in my quad :((

Sorry man.. But If I was you I would send it in. This means they must have found something wrong. Once you get it into the service center, please pm me your information and I will see what I can do to expedite the fix.

Same issue here, DJI had me send mine in to the California service center. Going on 2 weeks now.....

Now I just got a message from DJI saying that they want to put me on the the new Beta firmware that may fix the issue. I have had no problem with the flight of the quad so I will try it out before I spend the time and money shipping it back

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo