Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Suggestions for a good screw on polarized x3 filter

Reaction score
can anyone suggest a good polarized lens, prefably exactly the same as the stock filter ....screw on etc.
ps I don't want the polar pro lens

FYI, polarizers come in two types, circular and linear. linear polarizers screw on but have a rotating bezel to adjust the filter. As the day goes on and as your azimuth changes you'll want to change the angle of the filter to create the affect you want, i.e. better sky contrast or the ability to reduce water glare. Using polarized filter in photography is a dynamic process. I was thinking doing the same thing but unless you have a specific planned shot it may be tougher than you think to get the affect you want. Personally I have always been disappointed with circular polarized filters. B+W make great quality filters for cameras, I know my 42mm one from B&H was pricy. If you find some good options and please post and of course post some pics... Best of luck.

The neewer filters linked above don't have a rotating bezel ( I guess they're circular) just like the one that came with the Inspire ...

FYI, polarizers come in two types, circular and linear. linear polarizers screw on but have a rotating bezel to adjust the filter. As the day goes on and as your azimuth changes you'll want to change the angle of the filter to create the affect you want, i.e. better sky contrast or the ability to reduce water glare. Using polarized filter in photography is a dynamic process. I was thinking doing the same thing but unless you have a specific planned shot it may be tougher than you think to get the affect you want. Personally I have always been disappointed with circular polarized filters. B+W make great quality filters for cameras, I know my 42mm one from B&H was pricy. If you find some good options and please post and of course post some pics... Best of luck.

I could not agree more!

As a still photographer who does a lot of landscapes, I love what a polarizer does (and I love me a circular polarizer -- so we don't agree there!). But it takes constant adjustment -- that is, rotation -- of the filter as I recompose my shots, and as the sun moves (it's all about angles to the sun). Getting it just right is important, and getting it wrong can produce hideous results. It is much easier for me to achieve polarizer-like results in Lightroom after not using one than it is to fix poorly-shot polarizer shots.

The other challenge is that the X3 shoots at about a 35mm equivalent focal length, and that is pretty much the max for what a polarizer can handle if everything is just right. The polarizing effect is dramatic at 90 degrees relative to the sun, and nonexistent at 0 and 180, and the X3 viewing angle is right at about 90 degrees so you're going to see some weirdness that you may not like at most times of day and in most directions.

So for a single, preplanned shot, sure, it may work. But I've resisted the temptation to buy one because I know I would find it too limiting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaRqz379