Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Suggestions for learning DJI flight software?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a pro photog who has been (professionally) land-based to date, but I've decided to bite the bullett and get into aerial photography and probably videography with an Inspire 2 w/ X5s. I've had a Phantom 2 with a rig for the RX100II (custom FPV) that I've used, as well as line-of-site stick (ATTI) experience, but I've never used DJI's software.

To that end, I'm wondering if there are any good training videos that go over the DJI flight software, as well as fail-safe protocols for loss of software control (I've read of people having problems with software freezing both in DJI and Litchi).

I've read a variety of conflicting things about these sorts of situations, so I'd like to get a good handle on safety procedures specific to the Inspire 2, such as perhaps always using RC-GPS (I have an iPad Pro w/ GPS) to give the I2 a place to land (vs landing wherever it is if the software resets midflight), or using 'P' mode, or ATTI to stick fly, etc.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

I haven't seen any video tutorials that get into anything besides more of the basic stuff but I've just read the manual front to back and played around in the app getting into all of the different corners and settings menus and in 2 weeks or so I feel that I've got a pretty good understanding of everything in the DJI app. I've been researching Auto pilot a lot and think I will get that app soon. They have a really good users manual which is awesome. I've had the DJI app act up once and froze, killed the app on my iPad, reopened and all was good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide