Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sunrise in Manchester.

Not sure, I think it was at it's default...100 maybe??? I always try and keep it as low as possible but maybe that's where I'm going wrong. Do you also shoot in D-Log?
Cheers

Before using the X5 I would have shot at 100 but the sweet spot of the Panasonic sensor is 200 - 400. I have read this on a few forums and found it to be somewhat valid. I usually lean toward 200 unless lower light setting. Haven't done much with D-log, I primarily shoot stills in RAW.

No showreel yet. My video skills are still very raw. As mentioned, am primarily a stills photographer.
I am a solo operator and am thankful for waypoints. I can set the course, then the bird flies while I operate the camera.
Here's a still I shot a few months ago in Florida.
col1 (1).jpg

No showreel yet. My video skills are still very raw. As mentioned, am primarily a stills photographer.
I am a solo operator and am thankful for waypoints. I can set the course, then the bird flies while I operate the camera.
Here's a still I shot a few months ago in Florida.
View attachment 9797
Do you use waypoints in the DJI App? Or another piece of software. I'm interested in producing a flight path and taking stills a specific points a long the way. Do you take your photos manually?

I use waypoints frequently. Only within the DJI GO app. I am leery of 3rd party software. Manual shots.
I am a solo operator, so by setting up the waypoints, then the bird can fly itself and I can then devote my attention to operating the camera.
I set many points. (They only need to be 5m apart) The more points, the smoother the results and you can set up to 100 on a mission. Even just a change in altitude can be a waypoint.
I have an upcoming construction project that I will map out a panoramic course and re-fly it weekly taking pictures of the progress as the building comes up. Then I can produce a slide show in time lapse fashion showing it being built. I will also shoot video as the more I experiment with it, the better I am getting at it.

I use waypoints frequently. Only within the DJI GO app. I am leery of 3rd party software. Manual shots.
I am a solo operator, so by setting up the waypoints, then the bird can fly itself and I can then devote my attention to operating the camera.
I set many points. (They only need to be 5m apart) The more points, the smoother the results and you can set up to 100 on a mission. Even just a change in altitude can be a waypoint.
I have an upcoming construction project that I will map out a panoramic course and re-fly it weekly taking pictures of the progress as the building comes up. Then I can produce a slide show in time lapse fashion showing it being built. I will also shoot video as the more I experiment with it, the better I am getting at it.
I've been asked to do something similar over here in the UK. I've seen that the waypoints can be saved and reloaded at another date, it would be cool if the photos can be taken at the same points on each flight also. I'll be back down the park tomorrow for a little experiment. Cheers

You can pause the mission at any point along the way, shoot, then resume. Only thing you can't do is fly partial mission, stop, change battery, then resume. You would have to start over after battery change.
Have fun with it, play around and get a feel for it.

Sadly i did and after hours and hours of playing with grading still looks useless. As you said i am learning too. Best results to me were in vivid and proper lighting. Grading is just not my thing. But will try Premiere maybe i catch a taste for it. Grading in final cut pro is awfull.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan