Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sunshade for iPad mini & other tablets

Their compatibility chart specifies the HAV1 for all iPad mini models. Can't be sure from the marketing photos, but it looks like you want the correct size because it mounts to the front of the tablet.

Check out the attached photo. That is the look I am going for to beat glare. Heads Up FPV display, and an antenna extender mounted on top.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 4.44.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 4.44.32 PM.png
    334.8 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: EDDSkitz
The iPad mini with the smaller display area goes with HAV1, the larger 9.7" models like the iPad Air and Pro need the HAV2, there's also a lrager one for the Pro 12.9" version.

The Hoodman shade mounts on top of the front of the iPad screen and has two straps that run top-bottom which hold it to the iPad. There's a 3rd strap running left-right which can be used to help secure it around the back of the RC control mount. It needs to be secured around the RC mount as with the Hood in place it changes the centre of gravity and can pull the iPad out of the mounting clamp.

Hope that helps futher!

Their compatibility chart specifies the HAV1 for all iPad mini models. Can't be sure from the marketing photos, but it looks like you want the correct size because it mounts to the front of the tablet.

Check out the attached photo. That is the look I am going for to beat glare. Heads Up FPV display, and an antenna extender mounted on top.
ROFLMAO...Thanks for making my day! Nick.

KRAMER.gif

I purchased the HAV1 kit (includes both the HAV1 and HAV1E), and it really is a better hood. As you can see from the attached photos, it sits on top of the screen, so you really don't want to intentionally get a bigger size. As shown, it has two straps that hold the hood to the tablet, and a third strap that goes over the back of the tablet holder on the controller, to hold the assembly in place. The HAV1 is sized perfectly for an iPad mini. Because the screen area on the NVIDIA Shield is the same size as the iPad mini (it is the bezel that is wider), I judge the HAV1 to be the correct size for that tablet also.

Attachments

• IMG_2168.JPG
    IMG_2168.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2166.JPG
    IMG_2166.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
Reactions: EDDSkitz
I purchased the HAV1 kit (includes both the HAV1 and HAV1E), and it really is a better hood. As you can see from the attached photos, it sits on top of the screen, so you really don't want to intentionally get a bigger size. As shown, it has two straps that hold the hood to the tablet, and a third strap that goes over the back of the tablet holder on the controller, to hold the assembly in place. The HAV1 is sized perfectly for an iPad mini. Because the screen area on the NVIDIA Shield is the same size as the iPad mini (it is the bezel that is wider), I judge the HAV1 to be the correct size for that tablet also.
Can confirm it fits the shield!
It's actually nice because just the speakers sit outside the hood, and it seals nice to the tablet..

My only tip would be to use the long strap to go around the clamp as a safety measure as you did, especially with the extension on the hood, it ends up too heavy and the tablet will fall out.

Happened to me once and I managed to catch it while flying... about pooped myself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1