Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sunshade for Nvidia Shield?

Reaction score
Hello All,
First, I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong forum or this thread has been beat to death, but I'm looking for a sunshade compatible with the Nvidia Shield. The size differential between an iPad Mini and the Shield are just enough to exclude most shades designed with the iPad in mind.

iPad Mini external measurements (H 7.87" x W 5.3") or (H 200mm x W 134.7mm)
Nvidia Shield external measurements (H 8.8" x W 5.0") or (H 221mm x W 126mm)

Thanks for your input!

Hello All,
First, I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong forum or this thread has been beat to death, but I'm looking for a sunshade compatible with the Nvidia Shield. The size differential between an iPad Mini and the Shield are just enough to exclude most shades designed with the iPad in mind.

Thanks for your input!
I got a Hoodie hybrid, I think. I called them and they said it would work, fits ok. But, even with a Hoodie, still have to use my Cinimizer to see. You probably have better eyes than me, although the Shield is very good and I think superior to Ipads, it does not have as bright a screen as the new Ipads, so that should be a major consideration.

Enjoy life and be nice

Thank you crashburn (I hope the name is a choice and not due to a life event)!
I am enjoying life and I try really hard to be nice...

Reactions: crashburn
Hello All,

Thanks for your input!

Take a look at this video then let me know if you'd like to go down this path. The extrusion kits are available for $25 incl delivery.

Take a look at this video then let me know if you'd like to go down this path. The extrusion kits are available for $25 incl delivery.

This looks like a very good option. Simply build your own at your own specs.

Also, I don't know if the Hoodie Hybrid is available still, you should call them and see (I think its called Hoodvision). I think they were discontinuing it. It folds down to nearly nothing and is soft and bendable, very easy to install, but still doesn't fit right, seems too close to edges and almost gets into the screen with the tabs, but I was told that's the way it's supposed to fit.

Enjoy life and be nice

Last edited:
Hi PetePerrim,
Thanks for your contribution to the forum, it's innovators like yourself and people like crashburn that make this such an interesting and useful community. I have watched your video and may take that path. I'll be in touch if I can't locate what I can see in my mind.

Thanks very much!

Reactions: crashburn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips