Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Supported Mobile Devices.......

Reaction score
From the DJI website;
"Mobile Device System Requirements
iOS version 7.1 or later
Android version 4.1.2 or later
Supported Mobile Devices
* iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPad 4
* Samsung Note 4、Samsung Note 3、Samsung S5、Sony Z3 EXPERIA
* Note: It is recommended that you use a tablet for the best experience"

What's the best option? What about a screen/device with an HDMI connection?
Thx for any help, cheers Mark

I'll be using an iPad Mini 2. Seems like the best balance of screen size and portability.
I reckon a tablet with an HDMI output is a good shout though. That way you can have the display on the screen and use the HDMI output to mirror it to another display.
It's a pity that DJI don't allow the app and the HDMI to output video at the same time.

I have the iPad 3, so it looks like I will need to upgrade, which is a shame because the iPad still works great. Are those supported devices required for the master and slave controllers? Or just the slave to output the video?

Above; hope so, looking forward to other options especially HDMI, otherwise I can see me joining the "i" crowd. :)

Well after a long enough spell on the internet, it looks like the iPad Air 2 is the best option (IMHO) if you want a tablet to do other things as well as a screen for the Inspire, another £500, at least I'm not married so I can't get a divorce. LOL.

Reactions: DustyVisor
I am leaning towards an iPad Mini 2 with celluar service, if I am reading the Inspire 1 "draft" manual correctly Dynamic Home Point will only work on GPS enabled devices. This is on page 23 of the "draft" manual. Will a full size iPad fit in the bracket on the Inspire remote?

I plan to just wifi tether my iPad to my iPhone. The iPad will then get the GPS location from the iPhone.

hbmak; Hi, the bracket is adjustable and I'm thinking the same, it looks like it will take a full iPad, but will take an iPad Air 2?

Maybe Tahoe Ed will know, pls. :)

Cheers Mark

what about for those with two controllers i wonder? i was hoping to use my mac computer..but it seems you need to install the app on whatever you use so it has to be a mobile device as opposed to a p.c. or mac computer.
it would such to have to use my friggin i phone as it is not the most visible device. i was wondering if an hdmi monitor would work for the slave remote? anybody know for sure?

p
I have the iPad 3, so it looks like I will need to upgrade, which is a shame because the iPad still works great. Are those supported devices required for the master and slave controllers? Or just the slave to output the video?
probably at least the master to get dynamic home point..i am praying any hdmi monitor will work for the slave.(beat me whip me!} lol.

Reactions: DustyVisor
This is the downside of getting the I1 because I'm now, it would seem, that I need to purchase a Mini iPad 2 or 3 (since they seem to work the best.....but I'm a Samsung Galaxy guy) to receive me video feed and access to the other awesome features of the App.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar