Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

T-Motor Carbon Fiber props

Carbon fiber all the way. 13" 13x4.4 for agility, testing, recreation and 14" 14x4.8 for aerial photography and stability in windy conditions, heavy lifting (and elevation).

LP adapters.

View attachment 7083View attachment 7084View attachment 7085View attachment 7086View attachment 7087View attachment 7088View attachment 7089View attachment 7090View attachment 7091

Ok, Damon... you've officially freaked me out about my QR props. Thanks!;)

Now give me some links to all sources. And imagine me muttering your name under my breath as I go through the extra set-up time for my missions.

Is a prop lock not required for this setup?

Spin on and hand tighten. Unlike original DJI props the threads are perfect and high quality aircraft aluminum. No need for locks.

Locks were introduced after the fact by DJI because poor manufacturing quality resulted in props (black ones to be precise) that gave users the feedback that they were completely threaded when they were only partially installed.

That resulted in props flying off due to the Inspire's active braking in the motors.

Last edited:
Very cool. Do you see increased performance and flight times with the 14' I'm flying the x5 and the flight time isn't great and I don't fully trust the 1345t prop adapters. I've already replaced a set after 35 flights for they started to get sticky weren't clicking into place right.

With the dual batteries and the t motor props and x5 are you noticing less flight performance?

Does the battery mod still register the battery properly in the dji go app?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chrono72000
What gains are you running for each? I assume there are some pretty different handling characteristics vs. stock. I have to admit I really like the stock QR setup (the new version).

Also curious to see how the rigid CF prop differs from the stock flex prop with respect to stability of video shooting and the gimbal mount, specifically the larger X5 (R).

Ok, Damon... you've officially freaked me out about my QR props. Thanks!;)

Now give me some links to all sources. And imagine me muttering your name under my breath as I go through the extra set-up time for my missions.

No extra setup time is the good news. They spin on and hand tighten. Using them for about 6 months. Get the props anywhere they sell T-Motor stuff, get the adapters at Lynh Phan Global Industries

No increased flight time from the 14x4.8 props themselves - but more secure, stable and slightly quieter flight performance.

The battery mod can add full battery redundancy so you keep flying in the event the DJI battery fails or even shuts OFF in flight. It can also add flight time yes. (up to 25min for X5, up to 30 min for X3).

No increased flight time from the 14x4.8 props themselves - but more secure, stable and slightly quieter flight performance.

The battery mod can add full battery redundancy so you keep flying in the event the DJI battery fails or even shuts OFF in flight. It can also add flight time yes. (up to 25min for X5, up to 30 min for X3).

Thats Awesome! Do you see a difference in speed of the craft with the extra weight?

What lipo packs are you running on the side? Do you have a link to the battery mount adapter and battery mod?

Thanks for all the info man!

Thats Awesome! Do you see a difference in speed of the craft with the extra weight?

What lipo packs are you running on the side? Do you have a link to the battery mount adapter and battery mod?

Thanks for all the info man!

All answered in the Battery Mod Info thread here.

What gains are you running for each? I assume there are some pretty different handling characteristics vs. stock. I have to admit I really like the stock QR setup (the new version).

Also curious to see how the rigid CF prop differs from the stock flex prop with respect to stability of video shooting and the gimbal mount, specifically the larger X5 (R).

I've had to adjust gains to dial things back for the CF props for AP. I don't have settings in front of me but if I recall I dialed back attitude and brake at least.

I'll find out on the X5R hopefully soon but for handling in gusty wind, the plastic props bounce me around plenty but the 14 CF props are rock solid. The wind needs to move the entire aircraft I guess which takes more energy to move than flexible props.

All I know is with the 14" CF props the platform is more stable in winds.

Last edited:
Reactions: niki and FlyHighUSA
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457282357.720509.jpg

Note I wouldn't draw any conclusions but the pilot did observe one missing prop, spiraling descent and it definitely crashed.

Last edited:
Damon

Thanks for your advice on this key matter. I am about to place orders as below for my I1.
GoodluckBuy
T-Motor V2 1344 13*4.4 inch Carbon Fiber Propeller Prop CW/CCW for Multicopter 2 Pair ($110)
T-Motor V2 14*4.8 Carbon Fiber Propeller Prop CW/CCW for Multicopter 2 Pair ($142)
Lynh Phan Global Industries
LP CF PROPELLER ADAPTER PLATES (SET OF 4) ($200)
Total Cost $452 plus shipping to Australia. Before I confirm the orders I presume the above is all correct.
Many thanks in anticipation

Damon

Thanks for your advice on this key matter. I am about to place orders as below for my I1.
GoodluckBuy
T-Motor V2 1344 13*4.4 inch Carbon Fiber Propeller Prop CW/CCW for Multicopter 2 Pair ($110)
T-Motor V2 14*4.8 Carbon Fiber Propeller Prop CW/CCW for Multicopter 2 Pair ($142)
Lynh Phan Global Industries
LP CF PROPELLER ADAPTER PLATES (SET OF 4) ($200)
Total Cost $452 plus shipping to Australia. Before I confirm the orders I presume the above is all correct.
Many thanks in anticipation

Yes. That's my setup (except I have two sets of adapters, one set for each set of props). If it's any consolation, it only hurts the first time you pull out the credit card. Once you fly them you forget the pain :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalyst