Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

T600-D FCC####1410 vs, T601 FCC####1510

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking around older I1 only had the one sticker with the traditional barcode, as this is the one with the V2 printed on it it's nothing odd, it just looks like DJI have added a new sticker with QR code on it as well.

The main sticker and original one is the one with the normal barcode, this is the one that V2 is printed on so its not an V1 model sticker if that's what your getting at

Im going to leave this now as it just turning into the xfiles

No, Im not implying the barcode sticker is a V1 sticker but maybe the QR code is? We'll see soon enough what ends up being on a 1510.

However, Im with you and its time to move on. Hopefully I'll have a 1510 version in the near future but there is no doubt discrepancies exist between DJI FCC specs and what they are delivering in the US.

You can argue all you want but a power increase is a power increase no matter how you want to define it.

Who here doesn't want that, raise their hands!
Its a significant increase in tx power, significant!
I want a stronger connection to my drone.
My customers want a stronger connection to my drone
My insurance company wants a stronger connection to my drone.
Who wouldn't want this significant increase in tx to drone signal?

I'm pissed as an early adopter, B version, that I don't get the option of paying more for the higher power transmitter, higher kv motors, etc, (most things on this planet get upgraded, that's how life is).

BUT ...... as posted by others, if 2 humans living in the USA both pay $3100 US coin for V2, and one gets the new V2, and another gets old model V1, NO WAY IS THAT RIGHT !!!
I commend the time and effort put into this DJI cover-up (that's exactly what it is), and can't believe some members here would attack the messengers? This site is so much different then the other sites, very polarizing, one side vs the other, (not good for the 'whole' of the site).
One chap even posted that he was not happy with the "delivery" of the info. Really?
Gene

You may want to add this only affects FCC locations

Just to be clear CE locations it makes no difference. Yes completely true!

There is nothing hidden in the sense that all the FCC paperwork is public record and available to anyone via the FCC website, there is no need to email you specifically. Also true however DJI did request 90 days of confidentiality on the 1510 test results that the FCC failed to honor.

Also just to give some further information

DJI have increased the range spec of the Inspire 1, P3 Advance and Pro models however there has been no increase in power in the P3 range, in fact its been reduced not increased over the year. Also true as general statement.

This Aligns with what DJI have stated that the updated range figures reflect what they were already getting and have nothing to do with any power increase seen in the I1. Now we get to the interesting stuff. Can you please site when and where DJI stated that the updated range figures reflect what they were already getting and have nothing to do with an increase in transmission power. What they were already getting was incredibly well documented by their site including DJI WIKI and of course their submissions to the FCC. To be clear what your saying is that the increase in range quoted on the DJI site at the exact same time the 1510 was created and tested along with the release of the PRO and V2 was a complete coincidence and further in the ultra competitive market of UAV manufacturing and sales they were quoting incorrect range figures(by half) on they're top of the line consumer equipment for well over a year. That's your assertion?

This increase in power will have very limited real world affect in reality and most will not even notice, I'm not saying in not rather have it but don't expect to double your range, you will be lucky to see another 300m. Again please share your source of such important predictions given you live where nothing is allowed to have even as much power as the FCC 1410 let alone the 1510 yet you can make incredibly accurate, by your claim, predictions on real world effect and increases in range.

To say incomplete is not correct, DJI have changed spec in production, this happens all the time with every product. OK so when DJI tells the United States Federal Government that the transmitter they have presented for licensing is for a specific model they lied? Again I should mention the timing of the change in specifications and the above mention coincidence.

If it says V2 on the label its a V2 regardless of if its FCC 1410 or 1510, DJI have updated the radio after the release of the V2, a bit annoying yes but not incomplete.
PLEASE CLICK ON GREY AREA FOR COMPLETE POST I agree if DJI sells a V2, especially given they charge more, it's a V2 however given they have reported to the FCC that there was a specific transmitter developed for it I'm wondering what word you prefer to use rather than "incomplete" Please enlighten us as to the proper terminology as maybe it's a translation from Chinese to English we're struggling with.

Finally I have to respectfully ask as you live in Europe and do not claim to be employed by DJI why you have here and else ware appointed yourself PR Director and continue to field answers to questions and shape conversations about situations you have nothing to do with. All of which done without a shred of verifiable evidence to back it up. Finally in an effort to possibly communicate how many of us might feel I have a B model Inspire 1 I have now installed the larger gimble mount, the X5, the high heels, and even a V2 light bridge. I happen to have a set of brand new 3510 motors attached to brand new ESC's would you please trade me your V2 3510H motors for my 3510s since your only carrying an X3 and specifications and changes in performance really aren't that important. I'll pay the shipping.

Ok Guys,
I spent 6 hours, 3.5 waiting on hold, with DJI support/tech today. Talked to four tech reps and got several different answers to the same transmitter issue questions.
I of course presented the spec sheets data. One asked me where I got the spec sheets and who was the testing agency. I told him that it came from the FCC and that the testing agency was "Bay Area Compliance Labs Corp." I then started presenting the dBm to Mw data and I could tell he was writing this down, he kept saying hold on a second to catch up. He finally admitted that he had not seen anybody provide such data to him before and then he gave up and asked me to be placed on hold for a minute so he could check with the chief inspire technician. The phone went dead on their end within 20 seconds.
Another tech rep after exhausting his knowledge asked me to be put on a brief hold so they could get the INSPIRE PROFESSIONAL TEHC REP to answer my questions. Well, after a couple minutes on hold the phone, their end hung up. It made me so mad I called back and after being 4th in the que I waited and in about 30 minutes another tech rep attempted to answer my questions, as I had the copies of the 1410 and 1510 spec sheets printed out and proceeded to go over them with him too. He gave up and asked for me to be on hold for a second so his supervisor could speak to me. Again, after a couple minutes on hold the phone, their end hung up.
Does this tell you something?? DJI is scrambling to cover this up and I mean scrambling. They don't even want to talk about it, especially when they are confronted by their own FCC I1transmitter and remote transmitter data and differences in what someone bought in December vs January.
Defend DJI all you want but this tells the story. They are still trying to sweep this under the rug. It's too bad they are getting over on unsuspecting buyers that do not even know they have been had. Ok Chnjab, we've done all we can here.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Chnjab[/QUOTE]

As I said I'm done on this, all I have added was more information and questioned some finding, if your going to post this kind of thing you should expect and welcome questioning, but as that does not suit your agenda you resort to personal attacks and all this does is show your true nature and real agenda, I have none regardless of your opinion on me.

There is more I can say on the Fcc paperwork as what your interpreting as being incorrectly submitted to the FCC is not based on my understanding from the FCC them selves.

Thats it I won't be posting again.

Good day.

Last edited:
Well, h e double hockey sticks..........I have a 1410 Pro X5, bought Dec. 27, with a "C" controller. I also ordered an additional controller that is an "A".......????

I love knowing the facts and the truth - but it sure does hurt my little feelings now and then. Oh well, good thing I've ridden Harley's for years, very accustomed to swimming in the shallow end of the pool.........LOL. I'm now tempted to start photographing lighting, explicitly. Thank-you for your shared knowledge. I'll be one of the guys keeping stats on the brand new model, that was taken off the shelf and reconfigured.......I knew the packing didn't look like the un boxed videos on YouTube. It flys great, already working out the little kinks, so it's a keeper.

Guys the fact is they're both v2's. They started manufacturing the 601 the beginning of Dec. I have tested both models and there's no difference in range or control link. If it makes you feel warm and fuzzy to have a 601, I would wait for another month for the older v2's to clear out.

Guys the fact is they're both v2's. They started manufacturing the 601 the beginning of Dec. I have tested both models and there's no difference in range or control link. If it makes you feel warm and fuzzy to have a 601, I would wait for another month for the older v2's to clear out.

Excellent news. So you have tested both models? My main concern is not flying massive distances, not my style. I am interested in maximum reception while in wooded areas. So I really want to believe you but I'm already thinking I'll have to get the RC's modified.

Reactions: Osman Alsamani
I've had my I1 Pro for a couple weeks and have been out three times with it -- I've had reception issues every time!

Today I flew 4 batteries and had several comm related issues. In most cases right on power up the copter would complete it's gimbal homing dance and then the Go app would show no reception. As usual I boot the RC first, then boot the copter, then the Go App and with 2 of the 4 batteries there was a no reception problem and no video feed.

On two occasions I had reception issues in flight and within 200 feet of the RC. I'd take my hands off the stick and in a few seconds the video would come back on. When I had a reception issue in flight it appears it was mostly the video downlink and not the control uplink.

So, I'm not sure what effect the mismatch between the RC and copter version should produce but I can say my experience isn't giving me a warm fuzzy.

I should mention that when I had the reception issues on startup the copter was about 15-20 feet away from the RC so not too close or too far.

Brian

I received my I1 v2.0 from BH Photo on 12/2/15. The I1 says 1410 under the battery but the remote says GL658C. If I had received the older remote I would be more concerned.

The only logical next step is for someone to use some engineering equipment (oscilloscope?) to ACCURATELY measure the both the transmitter and receivers power. I have not flown a max distance to field test the max distance but the fact that I did receive the updated remote makes me think that they could have also included the updated transmitter along with the motors and gimbal plate. I do question the legal ramifications of not updating the FCC sticker but it wouldnt surprise me if some of the early v2.0 used off the shelf old stock bodies (with the old sticker) but inlcuded the updated parts which included the more powerful transmitter.

I dont have any empirical proof one way or another but figured I would weigh on the on the speculation.

If it says WM6102410 you have the older lower powered transmitter in your bird. It would be illegal for them the label anything other than what was installed.

If it says WM6102410 you have the older lower powered transmitter in your bird. It would be illegal for them the label anything other than what was installed.

Yes I understand that. That doesn't prove anything one way or another though. Hypothetically they could easily say (again hypothetically speaking) "Due to Manufacturing error early production units were sold with mislabeled FCC stickers." My point was someone actually needs to test the power output to make a conclusive case.

It would also be illegal to sell something that knowingly doesn't match the specs and we already know that happened. I am just keeping an open mind on the matter.

It would also be illegal to sell something that knowingly doesn't match the specs and we already know that happened. I am just keeping an open mind on the matter.

Just be be clear we do not know that has happened, the craft meets the spect provided by DJI regardless of FCC

Both the inspire with 1410 and the P3 will meet the new specs DJI have posted on their site under optimal conditions.

This has been proven time and time again and as posts before the P3 has seen the same spec increase but not increase in power, in fact a reduction has been made.

I also find it unlikely they would ship higher output with the wrong label , The fact they went to the trouble of printing the label with V2 and 1410 shows they are on top of compliance, Otherwise all V2 would have shipped with the new FCC from the start or the old label would have remained.

There is no evidence to say DJI have broken any rules with regards to the FCC.

But it would be good to see all the models output measured as its all ways interesting.

Last edited:
Just be be clear we do not know that has happened, the craft meets the spect provided by DJI regardless of FCC

Both the inspire with 1410 and the P3 will meet the new specs DJI have posted on their site under optimal conditions.

This has been proven time and time again.

I also find it unlikely they would ship higher output with the wrong label , The fact they went to the trouble of printing the label with V2 and 1410 shows they are on top of compliance, Otherwise all V2 would have shipped with the new FCC from the start.

I apologize as that was not what I was trying to say. I was referencing an earlier poster who said the 1410 isnt a complete v2.0 because it doesn't have the extended distance, nothing to do with FCC specs.

Pardon my french, but DJI is a bunch of asswipes. I bought a Pro Dec 23rd, which was a T600 and was DOA. They exchanged it, I very politely asked if they please could send me a T601 as I was having also RC issues. Answer: You send in a T600 you get a T600...! Just unbelievable.

Sold it on ebay straight away.

OK I moved the post Mazz closed on the classifieds here. This will be my last post on the matter, only to help others that have received the I1v2 & I1Pro produced prior to Dec 3 2015 get what they paid for.

This started with posts by Chinjab on the matter of the spec sheets for the transmitters. I was first defending DJI as they told me what I thought was the truth. Now, after Chinjab e-mailed me the complete copies of all the spec sheets I have e-mailed them to China and California. I have spent hours investigating this. These DJI spec sheets do not lie. Chinjab was right on target with this issue.

As of doing this the issue is exposed as public record and others need to get involved to get their I1v2/Pro exchanged or upgraded by DJI.

B&H Photo is exchanging Chinjab's bird and mine is to be upgraded by DJI since I have had mine since
Dec. 7th and has several hours of flight time on it.

If you have an I1v2/I1pro and on the battery tray the label reads:T600, FCC####1410, you have a T600-D that transmits 24dBm/approx. 255mw. This is a T600-D that was modified by adding the motor upgrade and new gimble plate. Transmitter was not upgraded! Range is 2KM!

I1v2's/Pro produced after Dec 3 2015 is the complete I1v2/Pro, T601 FCC#####1510 that transmits
29-30dBm/approx. 1000mw. A big difference in power. Range is 5KM as stated on the DJI website.

As for the remote control. If you have a remote labeled #GL658B it is the older version that produces 24dBm/approx. 255mw.

The remote control labeled #GL658C is the new remote control that matches the complete I1v2/Pro version and transmits 29-30dBm/approx. 1000mw. Both the remote transmitter and I1v2/Pro transmitter need the same transmission power or you will have limited transmission range either to the I1v2/pro or from the I1v2/Pro.

I have great respect for ones controlling the forum, they do a great job. So, let's get the truth out to unsuspecting DJI customers that received the incomplete I1v2/pro in November and December 2015.

If you paid $3100 in December like I did and have a T600 and someone in January paid $3100 and received the T601, both labeled the "I1v2/pro", you have been dealt unfairly and need to be compensated by DJI.

I could care less about flying out beyond a mile but strong signal strength for penetration overcoming interference is imperative. Why do you think DJI asked for this increase?

This is a matter of getting what you paid for. Remember DJI labeled both with I1v2/Pro.

I have achieved what I wanted to get my bird upgraded and I hope this helps you do the same.

Good Luck, Fly Safe
Please send me those specs please
[email protected]

But it doesn't meet the specs they filed with the FCC re: transmission power on the bird.

I'll have to say with much further online investigation, 2 calls to my retailer and multiple calls to DJI all resulting in lost connections something seems amiss here.

Granted this is FCC only but, if DJI stated in their FCC filing that an Inspire V2 would have increased power in the 2.4ghz spectrum and what they are delivering does not, that is not compliant with their FCC filing. In an earlier post you suggested there was more to add regarding the FCC spec's and I would love to hear your opinion on that as you appear knowledgeable in this regard.

Further, there has to be a reason DJI increased their transmitter power on the V2's. One can only guess at what that might have been. Maybe there is too much clutter in the 2.4 spectrum in USA? Who knows but, it stands to reason they wouldn't just increase transmission power for no reason right?

Also, I just received my RMA bird and even though the QC date stamp was 12-4 it was still a 600, not a 601. Back it goes again. I am not going to ask my retailer to send another because every time I open one they have an open box item. They have been very gracious but I'll just wait out the inventory flush so I get a V2 with the power levels they submitted to the FCC.

But it doesn't meet the specs they filed with the FCC re: transmission power on the bird.

I'll have to say with much further online investigation, 2 calls to my retailer and multiple calls to DJI all resulting in lost connections something seems amiss here.

Granted this is FCC only but, if DJI stated in their FCC filing that an Inspire V2 would have increased power in the 2.4ghz spectrum and what they are delivering does not, that is not compliant with their FCC filing. In an earlier post you suggested there was more to add regarding the FCC spec's and I would love to hear your opinion on that as you appear knowledgeable in this regard.

Further, there has to be a reason DJI increased their transmitter power on the V2's. One can only guess at what that might have been. Maybe there is too much clutter in the 2.4 spectrum in USA? Who knows but, it stands to reason they wouldn't just increase transmission power for no reason right?

Also, I just received my RMA bird and even though the QC date stamp was 12-4 it was still a 600, not a 601. Back it goes again. I am not going to ask my retailer to send another because every time I open one they have an open box item. They have been very gracious but I'll just wait out the inventory flush so I get a V2 with the power levels they submitted to the FCC.

Have a chat with the FCC and see what's relevant in the filings,

The 2 important pieces of data are Model number and FCC ID

These are correct

T601 with 1510
T600 with 1410

The V2 is part of the name

Last edited:
Reactions: damoncooper
Have a chat with the FCC and see what's relevant in the filings,

The 2 important pieces of data are Model number and FCC ID

These are correct

T601 with 1510
T600 with 1410

The V2 is part of the name

Thank you, I will do just that regarding the FCC and see what I garner from that conversation and/or correspondence.

What is your opinion on the increase in power output? Like I said, it stands to reason DJI increased the power on the 601 for "some" reason. Have you heard anything about why this was done for FCC birds? I only guessed about needing it due to clutter within that spectrum in FCC governed areas but I cant see DJI increasing the power for no reason at all. Would you not agree?

So I am reading all of this and have a question that is more real world. So while in the military I worked on Radar, Transmitters, Receivers, etc on H-3 and H-60 air-frames. I took a 12 month long course in advanced math to figure out specs on wave-guides, antennas, etc also. If you have a transmitter that has more power (good, bad, indifferent conditions) you will have more range. This is fact and through math this can be shown.

However here is my question. This range will be at the end of your spectrum. i.e. you have a transmitter/receiver combo that gives you 4.7 km. Now you change this combo and you have a more powerful transmitter/receiver combo and now you have a 5.2 km for your range.

After all of the banter I have heard on her about Hobbyists this and that who should be flying at 5.2 km let alone 4.7 km. From what I have read the laws state that you will fly LOS....

So i get that the pieces may or may not match but in the end is this going to affect what you truly do with the drone? Light Bridge has a limited range so tell me what are you flying with at 5 km?? VLS???.......

Reactions: mabnz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop