Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

T600 vs T601 real world test

Reaction score
Concerning the T600 vs T601 issue that has been discussed many times. Today we did again a test, 2 x Inspire Pro, both on FW 1.4, both 658C controllers, one is a T600 and one is T601. Same place, same conditions same everything. The T601 has a MUCH better range, much better penetration, much more solid RC connection. The are area was not very flat and there was some inteference. Buildings, power lines etc around. Where the T600 started to loose image transmission at around 0.6 miles, the T601 flew 1 mile and rock solid signal, not even dropping a bar, even not when turning around.

So for those who got shafted by DJI, just like we did as well, the T601 is MUCH better !

Again, this was a real world test, not a 'on paper' thing.

So dont buy the BS from DJI when they tell you in real world you will not see any difference.

Data? Video?

I don't have all the variations or I would do it myself. Establish a course that is somewhat populated to reflect average conditions. Make sure both setups are configured the same way especially the channel setup. Make sure antenna orientation is the same. Make sure tablet or phone is in airplane mode.

Fly configuration A out to a predetermined point at a set height, distance and speed. Record the OSD. As soon as the first flight is done, move to the next. Fly configuration B out to the same point at the same height, distance and speed also recording the OSD.

If you really want to do it right, repeat the above 3 or 4 times in different locations. That would be enough to demonstrate actual real world difference. Everything else is anecdotal.

Backs up my findings and supports the truth. We have our new T601 now and flying both the T600 and T601 proves the differences out.
The T601 is better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tommy Bayshore
Do you guys feel comfortable flying the Inspire more than 500m(1500ft) away from where you are? as soon as I start loosing the sight of my Inspire(about 400m?) I get all nervous, because I cant see it.

One of the rules in NZ for flying UAV is that maintain all time visual. Is there a similar rule in USA if you are only flying casually, ie, not requiring a license.

source: FAQ

Why can’t I fly further than visual line of sight?
To ensure safety for people, property and other airspace users such as manned aircraft. This is a Civil Aviation Rule. Refer 101.209 Visual line of sight operation:

A person who operates an aircraft to which this rule applies must at all times

(1) maintain visual line of sight with the aircraft; and

(2) be able to see the surrounding airspace in which the aircraft is operating; and

(3) operate the aircraft below the cloud base.

I'm not 100% sure if looking at the bird with field binos count as maintaining line of sight, but since the regs do not state "maintain UNAIDED visual line of sight" then I guess it's certainly not against regulations. Can anyone shed some light on this?

In any case, I fly the older T600 with upgraded antennas for better signal/video and not so much to go BVR. T601 would be a good if I had it but not a show stopper as I'm not going for long range record. It would just save on the cost of having to upgrade the antennas and the trouble of modding the RC.

I'm not 100% sure if looking at the bird with field binos count as maintaining line of sight, but since the regs do not state "maintain UNAIDED visual line of sight" then I guess it's certainly not against regulations. Can anyone shed some light on this?

In any case, I fly the older T600 with upgraded antennas for better signal/video and not so much to go BVR. T601 would be a good if I had it but not a show stopper as I'm not going for long range record. It would just save on the cost of having to upgrade the antennas and the trouble of modding the RC.
In New Zealand the regs state that we have to maintain unaided line of sight, so no binocs allowed...

Do you guys feel comfortable flying the Inspire more than 500m(1500ft) away from where you are? as soon as I start loosing the sight of my Inspire(about 400m?) I get all nervous, because I cant see it.
I'm with you brother. Since my Inspire dropped into Lake Taupo for no apparent reason (this was before the recent battery induced crashes & DJI repaired under warranty, but refused to give info on what went wrong) I have on average 5 minor heart attacks each time I fly. Every time my video feed freezes momentarily I fear she's gone down again. Lost all confidence in that bird, but still love her dearly. I prefer flying my 250 race quad now, much less stressful :rolleyes:

Concerning the T600 vs T601 issue that has been discussed many times. Today we did again a test, 2 x Inspire Pro, both on FW 1.4, both 658C controllers, one is a T600 and one is T601. Same place, same conditions same everything. The T601 has a MUCH better range, much better penetration, much more solid RC connection. The are area was not very flat and there was some inteference. Buildings, power lines etc around. Where the T600 started to loose image transmission at around 0.6 miles, the T601 flew 1 mile and rock solid signal, not even dropping a bar, even not when turning around.

So for those who got shafted by DJI, just like we did as well, the T601 is MUCH better !

Again, this was a real world test, not a 'on paper' thing.

So don't buy the BS from DJI when they tell you in real world you will not see any difference.

I'm not happy as I bought two units of the T600 V2 pro as We are license with transport Canada to fly any crash will cause a investigation. the T600 255mw of power is low the T601 has 1watt so better at high radio interference areas, I bought them because of the 5km range and the new v2 they were only ver 1 upgrades the motors and gimbal only!!! shame on DJI for Tricking your loyal customers Intel has invested $60 million into Hong Kong drone maker Yuneec about to Jump ship as I don't want to drown !!!!!

I'm with you brother. Since my Inspire dropped into Lake Taupo for no apparent reason (this was before the recent battery induced crashes & DJI repaired under warranty, but refused to give info on what went wrong) I have on average 5 minor heart attacks each time I fly. Every time my video feed freezes momentarily I fear she's gone down again. Lost all confidence in that bird, but still love her dearly. I prefer flying my 250 race quad now, much less stressful :rolleyes:
I don't mean to get off topic hear but I recently purchased a storm 370 racing drone and that thing has taken off I me several times now, I'm terrified to fly it. Is there some kind of calibration that needs to be done besides compass? One time it took off, jumped in my truck and found it hovering behind some trees about a mile away.

Where was that test done? It matters since it might adjust itself on the regulations of the location it's being flown in.

I know this is a weak analogy, but I won't buy any more 4-wheeled drive vehicles because I have more of a tendency to take them where they don't belong and get them stuck more! I'll stick with 2-wheeled drive as they hold me more accountable. Having flown a heavily modified P2, I KNOW that if I have that kind of distance, I'll want to use it and end up in trouble. Like you, I'll fly my old bird for the thrill of flying and distance. This much more expensive X5 is more for photography and is staying close!

I dont even know how it feels to have the Inspire drop into Taupo... its like telling a 6 yo boy what heart break is...

5 minor heart attacks each time! I have one minor heart attack and I am shxtting bricks! maybe I need to get use to this. I get those red warning signal on the screen (could be anything) from time to time but I think this maybe normal? cos I look at others video and it comes up frequent but only less than 1sec.

It feels like the Inspire is a 80's Lamborghini - breaks down for no reason and expensive to buy...

The Inspire looks so intimidating, when I flew it at my house (solely above my property) I feel like my neighbour may call the police lol

I dont even know how it feels to have the Inspire drop into Taupo... its like telling a 6 yo boy what heart break is...

5 minor heart attacks each time! I have one minor heart attack and I am shxtting bricks! maybe I need to get use to this. I get those red warning signal on the screen (could be anything) from time to time but I think this maybe normal? cos I look at others video and it comes up frequent but only less than 1sec.

It feels like the Inspire is a 80's Lamborghini - breaks down for no reason and expensive to buy...

The Inspire looks so intimidating, when I flew it at my house (solely above my property) I feel like my neighbour may call the police lol
Prior to the "falling out of the sky" incident I flew like the Inspire would never fall (even though I knew that sooner or later it could). Back then my biggest concern was not crashing it, so as long as I did my part by doing my pre-flight/post-flight checks and I avoided a crash, she'd do her part by staying in the air. Not so unfortunately.

I love how predatory she looks in the sky! I love how fast and manoeuvrable she is. Just wish I could trust her to stay up there o_O

Prior to the "falling out of the sky" incident I flew like the Inspire would never fall (even though I knew that sooner or later it could). Back then my biggest concern was not crashing it, so as long as I did my part by doing my pre-flight/post-flight checks and I avoided a crash, she'd do her part by staying in the air. Not so unfortunately.

I love how predatory she looks in the sky! I love how fast and manoeuvrable she is. Just wish I could trust her to stay up there o_O

So did you find out what went wrong with your Inspire? or what caused the accident?

Everytime I flew my Inspire I am scared to death it will crash. I look up Facebook owner page there are many occasions where the Inspire just fell out of the sky. some maybe pilot error, others maybe legitimate product/software issue.... hence I bought the Litchi but I am yet to use it until I am familiar with the bird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan