Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

T601 aka v2.0?

Reaction score
Hi, I have been flying a phantom for a while now. I have decided to upgrade to an inspire fire given the recent price drop. I like to film sailboats over water, The most action comes when the wind is up strong. My in-laws fly an inspire commercially and informed me that it would be a better machine for those situations.

I think the X3 camera suits my needs just fine, so I was not too concerned about buying an older inspire and not having the upgradability to the X5 camera. Last night I came across some differences in the T 600 model compared to the T601. Particularly given the range. Most of my flights in the Phantom were operated at the limits of the video fees range. So I've been trying to make sure that I purchased a T601 model. Problem is is that I do not any advertisements specifically listing a T601. So my question is, is the T601 otherwise known as the version 2.0? Or is the T601 any new inspire manufactured after December? I see BH photo with an v1 at $1,500 and the v2.0 at $2000, however the range is listed the same?

Think I found my own answer. The v2.0 may or may not be the T601 but SHOULD be.

Hi, I have been flying a phantom for a while now. I have decided to upgrade to an inspire fire given the recent price drop. I like to film sailboats over water, The most action comes when the wind is up strong. My in-laws fly an inspire commercially and informed me that it would be a better machine for those situations.

I think the X3 camera suits my needs just fine, so I was not too concerned about buying an older inspire and not having the upgradability to the X5 camera. Last night I came across some differences in the T 600 model compared to the T601. Particularly given the range. Most of my flights in the Phantom were operated at the limits of the video fees range. So I've been trying to make sure that I purchased a T601 model. Problem is is that I do not any advertisements specifically listing a T601. So my question is, is the T601 otherwise known as the version 2.0? Or is the T601 any new inspire manufactured after December? I see BH photo with an v1 at $1,500 and the v2.0 at $2000, however the range is listed the same?

Bacho,

I just bought a Inspire 1 V2.0 T601 from BH Photo. I first contacted BH Photo first to insure that they were selling T601. Most dealers seem to be advertising the T600 which I did not want.

I do understand that the T601 has a more powerful transmitter and I assume it results in more range.

It arrived in good condition, battery was fine, it was a good purchase for me. I also understand that they will take care of you after the sale as well, but I have not needed to do so.

I have loaded the latest version of the firmware and have been impressed with how quick and responsive it has been. My first flight was in a very strong wind and it did fine in that wind.

I bought an Inspire 1 V2.0 from rotorlogic on Amazon, manufactured December 28th 2015, and it's a T601 with a GL658B controller

I just got my Inspire 1 V2.0 in this week, T601 with a GL658B. I was really hoping for the GL658C, but its a gamble until they run out of all the old remotes. Called DJI, they said they would refund me, but they will not swap the remote, I just have to keep buying and returning til i get lucky. I decided to post my remote for sell and bought a GL658C for the same price...

Oh and they told me that the GL658B in the V2.0 is the same as the GL658C because of the software, I highly doubt that was an accurate statement, but what can I do, i'm just a consumer.

I just got my Inspire 1 V2.0 in this week, T601 with a GL658B. I was really hoping for the GL658C, but its a gamble until they run out of all the old remotes. Called DJI, they said they would refund me, but they will not swap the remote, I just have to keep buying and returning til i get lucky. I decided to post my remote for sell and bought a GL658C for the same price...

Oh and they told me that the GL658B in the V2.0 is the same as the GL658C because of the software, I highly doubt that was an accurate statement, but what can I do, i'm just a consumer.

Why do you want the C version? Mine also has the B revision, and it's perfect. I get crazy amounts of range without windsurfers (truly though, do we REALLy want to risk our birds out so far if they cost this much?!?!?!?)
As a test, at my Parents place in the country with open fields all around, I got 12000 ft the other day before I decided to turn around and come home, but it was still ready for more. I got nervous because i didn't want it to have an issue and land somewhere that I couldn't immediately walk to.

Why do you want the C version? Mine also has the B revision, and it's perfect. I get crazy amounts of range without windsurfers (truly though, do we REALLy want to risk our birds out so far if they cost this much?!?!?!?)
As a test, at my Parents place in the country with open fields all around, I got 12000 ft the other day before I decided to turn around and come home, but it was still ready for more. I got nervous because i didn't want it to have an issue and land somewhere that I couldn't immediately walk to.

12000 ft is awesome!!!
The reason I want the C was because of the drastic change in transmitting distance, even with a T601, the B will give you the same distance as a T600. I compete with friends for flight distance. I am getting approximately 40000 ft now, my goal is to get 50000. The bird has more than paid for itself, so the risk is minimal compared to the gain.

Reactions: arcaine25
12000 ft is awesome!!!
The reason I want the C was because of the drastic change in transmitting distance, even with a T601, the B will give you the same distance as a T600. I compete with friends for flight distance. I am getting approximately 40000 ft now, my goal is to get 50000. The bird has more than paid for itself, so the risk is minimal compared to the gain.

Are you using windsurfers? I knew I had plenty of range to go with mine, but wasn't sure as to how much with stock antennas and no windsurfers. Tell me, with that kind of distance one way, what battery? is that TOTAL mileage to and from, or is that one way?

Reactions: TonyGunz
Are you using windsurfers? I knew I had plenty of range to go with mine, but wasn't sure as to how much with stock antennas and no windsurfers. Tell me, with that kind of distance one way, what battery? is that TOTAL mileage to and from, or is that one way?

No i don't use windsurfers, they are cool, but if i'm going to do something, i do it extreme. I use 2 bidirectional antenna fitted to a tripod and 2 amplifiers. My remote is modded with RP-SMA connections. My trips are one way, maybe one day dji will make a battery that last more than 20 minutes...

I just bought mine from B & H Photo and it came with the GL658C.

You're one of the lucky ones Dave, B&H and other dji retailers usually are the last to get the latest. I bought mine directly from dji, thinking it would come from china, but it shipped from California, so i'm thinking a retailer shipped it to me...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont