Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Table Rock State Park SC - Compilation of flights over several days

Reaction score
Finally finished editing this one a few days ago. You really begin to pine for a Phantom 3 sized drone when lugging the Inspire up steep trails in its hard case and one of the Koozam backpack conversion kits.

http://www.amazon.com/Koozam-Carryi...43129987&sr=8-2&keywords=dji+inspire+backpack

It does the job, but is extremely uncomfortable/cheaply made. Definitely looking for a better solution before hiking out with the Inspire for any significant length again.

Video opinions are welcome.

Overall the video has a number of good shots highlighting aspects of your trip that you will appreciate and enjoy in time. Please do not take these comments too critically, but in my view the overall video is way too long with many scenes repeated. I find 2 to 4 seconds of any one view is sufficient. The transition between video clips can look better if there is fade over about half second. With the Inspire being so steady, the abrupt transition to a new scene looks untidy. Long rotating pans should be avoided. Breaking it up to 2 to 3 segments, with a fade between sections, can still show everything. The multiple picture in picture parts are difficult to appreciate with all that is going on. One or 2 less pictures enables the viewer to take in what is happening. The parts where you have sped up or slowed down the footage, should have a (longer) transition between the 2 speeds. Not that the following is necessarily any better, but it may help with some of the points I made.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the tips DavidB!

I do understand the use of transitions between clips, but find their use between every scene change distractingly tedious, and thus employ them sparingly. In the case of this particular video they're placed primarily between handheld camera footage and aerial shots from the Inspire. I look back at some of my earlier videos and truly regret the overwhelming amount of dissolves and cross-fades I somehow felt were necessary at the time.

The speed changes you reference were done abruptly intentionally--if you're referencing the two I'm thinking about. Others were done throughout the video and ramped up and down accordingly to allow for smooth transitions between speeds.

I do agree with your perspective on long rotating pans, but I'm still have a soft spot for the 360 rotations. They don't always flow perfectly, and I may try out a slower more limited pan with time fades similar to those in the sunrise portion of your video in the future.

The split-screen stuff after the final fadeaway of Table Rock was primarily just having fun with the credits, but I can see where it comes off a bit busy.

Thanks again for the feedback! Always appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela