Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tablet adapter for Osmo

Good luck with this! I can't even see this being viable with the straight arm extension. The weight distribution would just be too far off, not to mention - you'd have to start doing forearm curls to be able to handle it with 1 hand.

Well youre wrong! This setup works awesome! I can actually focus my x5r now with a bigger screen. Its also much more comfortable to handle. No one is actually one handing the osmo, no one that knows what they are doing anyways. You always use two hands one on the screen for selecting functions and to steady yourself with the other hand on the handle. This gives you a wider grip which is more comfortable and easier to control. Ipads are very very light so added weight is minimal. Its certainly much lighter than using a ronin!

Reactions: angeltracks
No one is "actually" handling the OSMO one handed? On which planet? We're on earth and the majority of people use both hands with anything bigger than a 6S or S7 so now you're selling an adapter for a product that is at least twice as big as either of the aforementioned devices and expecting that people would use it with 1 hand while managing the OSMO and it's handle with the other? I'm not going to debate back and forth with you about this product. Good luck with it! I hope you make a million dollars selling it.

I'm guessing you haven't tried using an osmo with the x5r or even x5. Its already pretty heavy at that point, plus using it one handed would be difficult to avoid the "bounce" look. So yes lots of people are using two hands for the osmo. Not sure why you came out and said "the majority use both hands with 6s or s7, just confirming what I said that most people use two hands already? Using a tablet makes focusing vastly easier on the x5 and x5r. I think my sales after 4 days of being available speak for themselves. Consider this adapter, you'll love it!

Reactions: Bill Houk
I have just ordered one from Jonny, and hope to use it with my Samsung tablet, I find the Osmo easy to use with one hand but am dying to try the extension, I think its a great idea as using the Galaxy 6 edge drains the battery too fast on the phone. Hoping i will get more time from the tablet regarding storage and battery life. I think the product fills an oversight on DJI's behalf and hope it does well. Well done Jonny for thinking out the box.

I don't know how to ask this but I'm going to try. It appears as if the tablet would "sit up" on top of the original wings and make it sit "kaddy-wompass" (Is that a word? LOL) if that makes sense. Almost like it wouldn't even line up straight with the right-hand side. Does my question make sense?

I've bought one of these and used it with an ipad mini and the z axis adapter. Filmed a 40 minute walking tour of some indian mounds. Worked great. had no issues what so ever. So much better than having to look at my iphone screen. And yes, I am using my osmo one handed........

Hey Jonny
Just ordered one of your products through Etsy. I look forward to getting it. Been looking for something like this.
You may want to Contact Danny at Drones Toronto he may be interested in carrying your product for the Canadian market.

I agree it seems like a great idea. I ordered one of each to see how they will work with my 8 and 10 inch tablets. It can only be nicer using a tablet!
Still trying to decide if the shipping charges are reasonable or not...but other than that seems like a great fix. I'll post an update when I get them...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool