Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tablet Compatibility ?

The Galaxy Tab S is one of the highest performing tablets out there. I deleted a lot of android apps that came installed and installed clean master widget button. I just press it, it will get rid of unneeded ram usage takes about 5 seconds then open Pilot app. And it is a clean unchoppy video feed.

But is the frame rate as good as the iPad in the video I posted? In that video the Tab S is at a noticeably lower frame rate than the iPad, to the point that I wouldn't be happy with it.
I get what you're saying about choppyness (where it pauses, etc) and how you solved it, but I am asking about frame rate.

If the frame rate was low wouldnt that be the same as choppy? I am happy with how mine performs. Its not choppy and latency is low.

Choppy is where the frame rate is inconsistent. Low frame rate is just that, like watching a video or playing a game at 5 fps.

Never mind though. Decided to wait for the iOS port and if that doesn't come in 2 weeks, I'll return the Inspire. No point throwing good money after bad.

I finally had my first flight today, and my dual Nexus 7s performed like champs. No latency, no choppiness; just excellent high-quality video. And at $150 each, I think the price is hard to beat.

And again, one of the great things about the Nexus devices that is there is little to no need for any cleaner apps. Sine it is running pure Android software, there is no carrier or manufacturer software to remove.

I finally had my first flight today, and my dual Nexus 7s performed like champs. No latency, no choppiness; just excellent high-quality video. And at $150 each, I think the price is hard to beat.

And again, one of the great things about the Nexus devices that is there is little to no need for any cleaner apps. Sine it is running pure Android software, there is no carrier or manufacturer software to remove.
Hey there InterMurph..how much ram does your tab have??

Hi , I just got an inspire, Im sat making sure I know whats going on before I go and make a test flight,

Im trying to use my phone on the RC for the video, but there is about a 10 second lag before any movement is seen on the screen, which is then fairly fluid.
Is this a problem other than a phone that cant handle the video ? I have a samsung grand neo, with a cuad 1.2 ghz and 1gb ram, is that guna struggle like this all the time or is there something else I can try?

thanks,

Hi , I just got an inspire, Im sat making sure I know whats going on before I go and make a test flight,

Im trying to use my phone on the RC for the video, but there is about a 10 second lag before any movement is seen on the screen, which is then fairly fluid.
Is this a problem other than a phone that cant handle the video ? I have a samsung grand neo, with a cuad 1.2 ghz and 1gb ram, is that guna struggle like this all the time or is there something else I can try?

thanks,
Inside the Inspire app, you can try and change the wifi channel. But with 10 second lag, i don't think you will ever get it good enough.

It's a expensive aircraft. I would suggest that you buy a tablet. nVidia Shield and iPad Air 2 is the favorites it seems. I got myself a iPad Air 2, and very happy with the setup so far.

And now that the app was pulled I went over to the Darkside and bought Samsung galaxy Tab S 8.4
must suck the app was back very quickly for official release and now u have a paper weight lol in my opinion ipad air 2 for frame rate and such is king. better then any android we tested or even the shield.

Well I guess I wont even try it on my old galaxy tab 2. lol with a dual 1ghz and 1gb ram I guess it will be worse than the phone. I will head down to the mall today and check prices on the galaxy tabpro and the ipad air 2.

is it defintely a lot better to use the ipad? ultimately, it seems twice the price, but could be worth it if the frame rate is better and more reliable.

got an ipad mini 3. I was going to get the air 2 but it looked too big.

Just as info. Tried the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 without modifications. It was lagging. IPad mini 3 is not. App or device? Have no idea. And I am not a apple guy....

Well I guess I wont even try it on my old galaxy tab 2. lol with a dual 1ghz and 1gb ram I guess it will be worse than the phone. I will head down to the mall today and check prices on the galaxy tabpro and the ipad air 2.

is it defintely a lot better to use the ipad? ultimately, it seems twice the price, but could be worth it if the frame rate is better and more reliable.

i have a really old tab2 10.1 it must 2 years or more old... (i got kind of when it came out). it seems to work fine... i wasn't able to make estensive tests due to it not fitting into the holder but seemed ok for the time used...

yeh , the tab 10.1 was more powerful than the 7.0 which is what I have. the mrs has the 8.0 tab 3 , i might give it a try at some point, but I really needed to make sure I could get good video for sat, so I had to bite the bullet on the ipad, I would have got the air, but I forgot to measure the holder, and when I called someone to do it they measured it wrong, , , , grrrrrrrrr,

yeh , the tab 10.1 was more powerful than the 7.0 which is what I have. the mrs has the 8.0 tab 3 , i might give it a try at some point, but I really needed to make sure I could get good video for sat, so I had to bite the bullet on the ipad, I would have got the air, but I forgot to measure the holder, and when I called someone to do it they measured it wrong, , , , grrrrrrrrr,

i have a 3d printer and can make you a holder if you like. pm me for detalis.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool