Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tablet for I2

Reaction score
Hello forum,

Long term Phantom flyer here who has just put a deposit down on the Inspire 2, cannot wait to get this thing in the air but a shiny new drone calls for a shiny new tablet to fly it with, does anyone have any suggestions as to which tablet i should buy? I'm mostly Android and would prefer to stick with that for now.

Hello forum,

Long term Phantom flyer here who has just put a deposit down on the Inspire 2, cannot wait to get this thing in the air but a shiny new drone calls for a shiny new tablet to fly it with, does anyone have any suggestions as to which tablet i should buy? I'm mostly Android and would prefer to stick with that for now.

why not take the crysral view or what its called... from DJI...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tcchow
why not take the crysral view or what its called... from DJI...

This is something that i was discussing on the phone today. On the surface it looks great however it seems that the release date is yet to be confirmed and also it seems that you cannot install 3rd party apps which may cause me a problem in the future. Happy to be corrected on either of those points

This is something that i was discussing on the phone today. On the surface it looks great however it seems that the release date is yet to be confirmed and also it seems that you cannot install 3rd party apps which may cause me a problem in the future. Happy to be corrected on either of those points

if that would be the case and i do can imagine that... i'd definatley go for an iPAD pro 9" or whatever comes out next from apple.. since my samsung died on my and i got an 5S from a friend to use i switched to apple products as much as i can because they "just work"...

take a look at one in an apple shop, compare a tablet from samsung and apple, check online comparisons... apple will kill everything in terms of everthing... they put stuff in there that lasts for at least double the time frame as any samsung or other tablet costing nearly as much or more...
the shield from nvidia is used by many as far as i know. The Editor might shim in...
i remember unboxing my I1 two years ago saying on a strip of cardboard strapped around the case "developed for use with apple products" which for my part says it all... - apple...
my 2c :D

I agreed with @Phatso.
LOLED at remember those heated crushing lagged screens chats .
As time prooved Air2 of the apple thingy. Sure.
It's my flight board too.
Previous (sure proven) software installed . both IOS & android ...
Story telling time ...
With oldest firmware...somehow we fry our Android processors with data and they simply lagged or stop . we even chill our tablets with icepaks...
Once they cleared the bug...all androids where back .
I occasionally use fast and reliable SM-P905M with 12.2 screen....love it huge and because I eventually ended up with a tool to overcome NFZ...founded on a dark chat. Android freedom rules.
*As a certified fellow this allows to flysafe by yourself if needed on a red spot.*

Always count on 3 devices and both IOS and Android RTF.
You can sweep them on the Air as backup if 1 device crushes somehow .

By using Air2 you're forced to use a tremendous shadow device . choose wisely.
Daylight I use Headplay with the upgraded lenses from Europe .
Nothing beats this.
IMHO
Search Manu Pereau on fb for some easter island views.
Best wishes from the navel .

I too am waiting for the crystalsky.
If it's android you wish to use then you can't go past the Nvidia Shield.
Yes the sheild looks good actually, I wish there was more information regarding the crystalsky screens, they look brilliant.

I was using an Galaxy tab and frankly the Android version of DJI GO just works better on an iPad, I'm now using a iPad pro as you can also use Autopliot on it - Litchi just didn't seem to cut it for me...

if that would be the case and i do can imagine that... i'd definatley go for an iPAD pro 9" or whatever comes out next from apple.. since my samsung died on my and i got an 5S from a friend to use i switched to apple products as much as i can because they "just work"...

take a look at one in an apple shop, compare a tablet from samsung and apple, check online comparisons... apple will kill everything in terms of everthing... they put stuff in there that lasts for at least double the time frame as any samsung or other tablet costing nearly as much or more...
the shield from nvidia is used by many as far as i know. The Editor might shim in...
i remember unboxing my I1 two years ago saying on a strip of cardboard strapped around the case "developed for use with apple products" which for my part says it all... - apple...
my 2c :D

As long as your flying in low temperature environments, an Ipad would be fine.
If you ever get into 35+ degree celcius situations, there is a fair chance of the Ipad overheating and shutting down, where the Galaxy tab will keep running.

Happened to me a couple of times now, and ready to switch to something else.

I tried a couple of Android tablets (google nexus) but they were not reliable, with apps crashing during flight and laggy display updates.

For me, the iPad air has worked flawlessly for over two years with my I2 so I have just treated my self to an early Christmas present - an iPad pro 9.7" to go with the I2 when it is released.

I have 2 Ipad Air 2, and for the most part they are great. Just the overheating thing. Since most of the professional filming is done during the summer, you could argue for that being a factor.

Than again, this does not really overrule factors such as stability and lag.

Samsung Galaxy Tab s2 9.7in T813. Works great for me. No silly sunshades needed either.

I use the iPad Pro 9.7" with cellular (no need to buy a data plan) with the Inspire 1 Pro. I just use Hot Spot on my iPhone to get the latest map. I had an iPad air but it got quite hot when running long fairly complex Autopilot circuits and the App crashed a couple of times. The cellular provides more accurate location on the map without buying a data plan, important when yr flying Autopilot close to trees and buildings. When I check signal loss and dropped data etc now, the signal is always good and it rarely drops frames in the telemetry. I keep all the manuals, charts and other useful info in iBooks. I cant image operating in bright sunlight without a hood, I find it vital to have the hood around the iPad and a cap on my head with a good sized peak.

I think i'm going to wait for the Crystalsky monitor, a dedicated device is appealing

Yes it is appealing but will you be able to install 3rd party apps on the Chrystalsky? Also is seems quite bulky?
I don't think it's possible to install 3rd party apps but I can live with that as I can have use of a top spec Samsung Tablet should I need too. Also, as it's Android I can't see it taking too long before a simple hack comes out to add support should that be the case.

It's is bulky but I the Inspire 2 is hardly the most portable anyway, I won't be hiking out with this one I don't think so it shouldn't be too much of an issue

I am awaiting an I2 and recently sent a query to Autopilot about the I2 and CrystalSky device. Here was the response:

3723514b8365bb7418ae81dbe7135f3e

Kerstin Dungan (Autoflight Logic)

Dec 6, 11:42 AM CST

Hi David,

Thank you for your continued support of Autopilot.

We will add support for the Inspire 2 as soon as DJI supports it with the SDK. We will then update the beta version of Autopilot for testing.

The same applies to support of DJI's Crystalsky and Phantom 4 Pro. However, once we are ready to release support into beta, we will also let all of our users know how it will all integrate.

No ETA has been announced yet but stay tuned!​

I have heard that CrystalSky has Instagram and Facebook installed (and possibly other Apps). It appears Autopilot intend to develop their App accordingly. Does anyone know if CrystalSky can be retrofitted to the normal I2 controller?

Reactions: Lesmess
I had a conversation today with an dealer (authorised) who confirmed that the Crystalsky monitors will support 3rd party apps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo