Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tablet is draining power from the remote's battery

Hi all.
I sometimes get a pop up on my screen that says, mobile device can not be charged due to insufficient battery level.
Any won else see this?

That's normal, tablets take more power to charge than smaller devices. The inspire controller isn't designed to charge your tablet, it's only putting out a very small amount of power needed to operate the usb data connection much like the usb connections on the front of a computer case which don't usually supply enough juice to charge a large tablet either.

Reactions: Hercules_One
Hey dj...
welcome to inspirepilots.com.
You use the cable that comes with the nvidia shield to charge your battery. .
enjoy your new addiction. ..
turb...
Thank you for your quick reply I must be doing something wrong or forgot to do something because it does not connect. I get the tutorial screen that says now connect and it does nothing ? may need an update?

That's normal, tablets take more power to charge than smaller devices. The inspire controller isn't designed to charge your tablet, it's only putting out a very small amount of power needed to operate the usb data connection much like the usb connections on the front of a computer case which don't usually supply enough juice to charge a large tablet either.
Hi Cris.
Thank you for your reply.
I'm quite sure that you are correct.
I think I would much prefer if this didn't happen anyway. I think the battery level of my ipad mini 2 is not of the same concern as the rc and inspire.

Hi Cris.
Thank you for your reply.
I'm quite sure that you are correct.
I think I would much prefer if this didn't happen anyway. I think the battery level of my ipad mini 2 is not of the same concern as the rc and inspire.

there may be a setting in the tablet somewhere to disable that warning if its annoying, but usb ports need a small amount of power in order to work properly. Never heard of a usb port that sent no power. in such cases as they fail and stop sending power then usually the device plugged into them ceases to function, though a device with its own power supply might still work, never tried it but there isnt much use for a usb port with no power.

your standard usb 1 port on a computer is capable of outputting about 500mA of power, most tablets need around 2000mA or more output to charge at a decent rate i believe. They are using more than 500mA of power with the screen on which is why the battery percent drops for those that report it as charging, it may charge slowly if the screen is off or you power it down, though i dont know why youd want to do so, it would take forever to gain any significant charge and the controller battery is around the same size or slightly smaller than most tablets so by the time the tablet was charged 48 hours later the controller would be dead, lol!

The usb port on the controller might even put out less power than that, i cant find any specs on it but suffice it to say the actual power drain through this port is so negligible it doesnt even matter. like i said ive flown many many battery charge cycles on one controller charge, its really a non issue and people are getting excited for no reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool