Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Taking picture of several house, mailing thumbnail to owners, selling pics? Anyone tried?

Reaction score
Has anyone tried flying over a neighborhood or waterfront property to take pictures of a bunch of houses at once, then look up their address online and send them a thumbnail photo of the house asking if they want to buy the full res copy? I heard they aerial photographers did this back in the day using planes and would take pictures of farms and such.

Any thoughts?

Sure, you could try it. Although for some reason people get way more worked up about drones than planes taking photos so be prepared for some blow-back.

Has anyone tried flying over a neighborhood or waterfront property to take pictures of a bunch of houses at once, then look up their address online and send them a thumbnail photo of the house asking if they want to buy the full res copy? I heard they aerial photographers did this back in the day using planes and would take pictures of farms and such.

Any thoughts?
Remember thats operating commercially so you need a license.

@DennisR - You don't know what country he is in so you cannot make that statement with any authority.

It would be better to say to the OP @aakost - that would be considered commercial use and therefore you should ensure you are working within the correct rules for the country you operate in.

There's stating the bleeding obvious!
Anyways...... I suspect there are as many people making a bob or two (as opposed to a living) out of their drone without a licensee as have, and I'd also suspect they're not exactly quivering at the sight of a police officer.

Reactions: GuyNamedLindsey
@DennisR - You don't know what country he is in so you cannot make that statement with any authority.

It would be better to say to the OP @aakost - that would be considered commercial use and therefore you should ensure you are working within the correct rules for the country you operate in.
Started again on me have you? So sick of it. Why do you encourage these people who don't care about rules continually? Anyway, get off my case. Let them do what they like. I would have thought you moderators would try to encourage people to follow the rules and show some respect? Seems you are just here to sling off at people like me that have licenses and are trying to keep the people safe. I don't understand it. One day, all drones will be banned and it will be because of disrespect for the rules. Wait and see.

Started again on me have you? So sick of it. Why do you encourage these people who don't care about rules continually? Anyway, get off my case. Let them do what they like. I would have thought you moderators would try to encourage people to follow the rules and show some respect? Seems you are just here to sling off at people like me that have licenses and are trying to keep the people safe. I don't understand it. One day, all drones will be banned and it will be because of disrespect for the rules. Wait and see.
Thank you Dennis. You seem to forget that I am CAA authorised as well (probably longer than you) and I will be the first one to point out if individuals are flying illegally (I did so the other day with a flight someone posted in the Netherlands). Firstly I knew the flight took place in the Netherlands and secondly I knew the rules had been breached.
You made a comment without knowing where in the world the poster was located or what the countries rules might be. You made a statement that the poster would need a licence which he/she may not.
That's all I was saying.

Thank you Dennis. You seem to forget that I am CAA authorised as well (probably longer than you) and I will be the first one to point out if individuals are flying illegally (I did so the other day withna flight someone posted in the Netherlands). Firstly I knew the flight took place in the Netherlands and secondly I knew the rules had been breached.
You made a comment without knowing where in the world the poster was located or what the countries rules might be. You made a statement that the poster would need a licence which he/she may not.
That's all I was saying.
No..I think you are just picking on me.
You dont comment to anyone else breaking the rules. Don't worry about it. I will not make any more comments. I do not want to get banned here because I have picked up some good hints on a few things, plus I have met Ralph through the site and he was very helpful to me. I just wonder why I put in so much money and time to get licensed when I feel I would be so much better off if I wasn't. At least I could not follow the rules and not get caught like most here. I dont know where there are countries that don't have rules so you might be right in your reply but I do know that all drones in Thailand have just been banned unless there is a very strong reason or purpose for starting one up. The same will happen anywhere. I guess I shouldn't be so worried as I can always do what I do best and thats normal television production and give the drone flying away. I only use it as a camera anyway. Most people only fly for fun so they will suffer more than me.
Thanks.. I will watch the site from afar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa