Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Talking about legs, they are fragile

Hey Hammer !!
Its Ok to list the company that helped you out!!
If its yours and its a start up I still think its OK!!
It not like you're advertising like the leg muscle chic just posted..lol..
I think its great someone is helping us out that has the mechanical and technical ability to do a sweet repair like on your i1...
Like I said my buddies i1 been in the shop for a month and Nada!!
Plus I believe in free speech !! You know that thing we use to have..
Turbo...

I sent a unit in. Fed Ex confirmed delivery on April 20th. As of today (May 8), I have yet to hear that they even have the copter in their system.

I'm expecting a long wait.

I'm gonna take apart of my inspire next week and start to digitize the linkage legs (thinner ones). Mine hit a tree a while ago and dropped to the dirt.

When you say digitize you mean like for creating a 3-D print of something because I'd love to get a copy of this part. It's the only thing that's broken on mine and to replace it cost 80 bucks instead of just the plastic piece the force you to get the electronic when you say digitize you mean like for creating a 3-D print them something because I'd love to get a copy of this part. It's the only thing that's broken on mine and to replace it cost 80 bucks instead of just the e connector too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 6
I sent a unit in. Fed Ex confirmed delivery on April 20th. As of today (May 8), I have yet to hear that they even have the copter in their system.

I'm expecting a long wait.
Hey Jon !!
Yes this is the way it goes.. Currently it looks like wait times are more than a month ..
Try and be patient and not let it bother you!!.
I know easier said then done..
Mine took about three weeks for a turn around but that was a couple months ago before there was a lot of inspires out there..
Turbo..

Hey Jon !!
Yes this is the way it goes.. Currently it looks like wait times are more than a month ..
Try and be patient and not let it bother you!!.
I know easier said then done..
Mine took about three weeks for a turn around but that was a couple months ago before there was a lot of inspires out there..
Turbo..

Thanks Turbo.

Was just surprised that they don't acknowledge receipt of packages. If you wanted to make a claim with the shipper, that option closes between 2 and 4 weeks after the ship date. I kind of expect a longish turn for the repair and have plenty of other craft to shoot with in the meantime but I miss the inspire for it's simple integrated design. I don't think I'd mess with the bird myself if it had crash damage... too much going on in the bird to experiment.

I just had a wreck and broke my right landing arm, saved some money (with a little luck) and bought an internal sleeve, some patience, epoxy and sanding, and it flies as good as new. Bought the sleeve on ebay, $35 versus $300. Plan on putting another coat of epoxy around the break are to fine tune and reinforce.

Attachments

• IMG_5557.JPG
    IMG_5557.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5559.JPG
    IMG_5559.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Skynet1
I just had a wreck and broke my right landing arm, saved some money (with a little luck) and bought an internal sleeve, some patience, epoxy and sanding, and it flies as good as new. Bought the sleeve on ebay, $35 versus $300. Plan on putting another coat of epoxy around the break are to fine tune and reinforce.

Nicely done as well, can you elaborate a bit more on repair itself and type of tubing used, carbon fiber, or something else. An eBay link to the repair product may also be helpful.
Had you cut the tubing at the origin of the break to make the internal repair or elsewhere.
Obviously the motor/esc wiring then required reinsertion into the replacement sleeve, some tedious work there, and yes, patience is a virtue. Again nice work. : )

Last edited:
the break was on the back section of the right leg (looking at the front). The sleeve I purchased from ebay with the gap already in it for the wires to pass, it was a molded piece of carbon fiber that fit snugly INSIDE the leg.. I was lucky in the fact that the wires were not damaged at all, also lucky that it wasn't a clean break, which assisted in lining the section back up so the motor was in the correct position. Once i "Dry" fit the leg together, I then started the epoxy process, one side at a time, let it set then began the second side. Once all was complete and lined up I let it sit overnight, the following day I put it in the air. I first hovered to see if it would stay in place as easy as before, then I did did some easy elevation maneuvers then some speed runs, ending with it at eye level so I could look at the blade pitch and compare to the others, luckily it came out good.

the break was on the back section of the right leg (looking at the front). The sleeve I purchased from ebay with the gap already in it for the wires to pass, it was a molded piece of carbon fiber that fit snugly INSIDE the leg.. I was lucky in the fact that the wires were not damaged at all, also lucky that it wasn't a clean break, which assisted in lining the section back up so the motor was in the correct position. Once i "Dry" fit the leg together, I then started the epoxy process, one side at a time, let it set then began the second side. Once all was complete and lined up I let it sit overnight, the following day I put it in the air. I first hovered to see if it would stay in place as easy as before, then I did did some easy elevation maneuvers then some speed runs, ending with it at eye level so I could look at the blade pitch and compare to the others, luckily it came out good.
Can you post up a link where you got the sleeve from?
Could help out a lot of other members. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk