Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB48 battery question

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Here is 2 screenshots of my TB48 batteries. Is the total capacity accurate? I thought the battery is 5700 mah?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-19-01-58-11.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-19-01-58-11.png
    184.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2016-04-19-01-55-20.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-19-01-55-20.png
    191 KB · Views: 43
Here is 2 screenshots of my TB48 batteries. Is the total capacity accurate? I thought the battery is 5700 mah?
Yes, since you only have circa 99% battery life.
Lipo capacity diminishes over time (whether you use them or not) - this is why it is a good idea to see if you can see a date/manufacturing date on any Lipo pack when you buy one (not just Inspire ones).
If they have been sitting around for months and not stored particularly well they can already have lost 3-5% of their capacity before you even give it a first charge.
Stop worrying......go fly. :)

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
Yes, since you only have circa 99% battery life.
Lipo capacity diminishes over time (whether you use them or not) - this is why it is a good idea to see if you can see a date/manufacturing date on any Lipo pack when you buy one (not just Inspire ones).
If they have been sitting around for months and not stored particularly well they can already have lost 3-5% of their capacity before you even give it a first charge.
Stop worrying......go fly. :)
Maybe the battery was sitting around at DJI? However the first charge I sort of screwed up lol. I charged it to 70% and wasn't able to fly. So I had to charge it to 100% again then drain it to 2% so it was calibrated. That could of been the cause of 99%?

I just spoke to a DJI tech online and he suggested to wait for charge cycle 20. Then drain the battery till it shuts off. So hover it below 10% and land it at 1-2% and allow it to turn off. Supposedly it'll calibrate it? I tried to calibrate it after my screw up, I guess it didn't work lol. Now I wait till charge 20 and try again. There is something in the battery where it prevents damage to the cells when it reaches 0%?

Maybe the battery was sitting around at DJI? However the first charge I sort of screwed up lol. I charged it to 70% and wasn't able to fly. So I had to charge it to 100% again then drain it to 2% so it was calibrated. That could of been the cause of 99%?

I just spoke to a DJI tech online and he suggested to wait for charge cycle 20. Then drain the battery till it shuts off. So hover it below 10% and land it at 1-2% and allow it to turn off. Supposedly it'll calibrate it? I tried to calibrate it after my screw up, I guess it didn't work lol. Now I wait till charge 20 and try again. There is something in the battery where it prevents damage to the cells when it reaches 0%?
Yes - there is a lot of info on this over the forum but basically the Inspire packs are protected (the same as if you run your cell phone down to the point it turns off.....it doesn't destroy your phone battery because it cuts off before that happens)
I really wouldn't worry too much about calibrating a new pack etc. With 99% capacity you 'may' have lost circa 8-10 seconds of flight time. Your flights will easily vary by over this much depending on how hard you fly, how windy it is, how cold it is and how much time you spend hovering. You are not going to notice a perceived 10 second loss in capacity.
If you are really concerned you can give the 'lost capacity' trick a go of popping the top off the battery, unplugging the logic board connector and leaving it for an hour.

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
Yes - there is a lot of info on this over the forum but basically the Inspire packs are protected (the same as if you run your cell phone down to the point it turns off.....it doesn't destroy your phone battery because it cuts off before that happens)
I really wouldn't worry too much about calibrating a new pack etc. With 99% capacity you 'may' have lost circa 8-10 seconds of flight time. Your flights will easily vary by over this much depending on how hard you fly, how windy it is, how cold it is and how much time you spend hovering. You are not going to notice a perceived 10 second loss in capacity.
If you are really concerned you can give the 'lost capacity' trick a go of popping the top off the battery, unplugging the logic board connector and leaving it for an hour.
Ah I'll just wait till charge cycle 20 then and drain it to 0% like DJI suggested. If I opened the top off, warranty is done with lol. If I only lost 8-10 sec of flight time... That's nothing. So I'm okay. I am just worried I screwed up the calibration when I attempted it on charge cycle 2. So now I have to wait till charge cycle 20 to try again. I haven't had any issues yet with the batteries *knock on wood * lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide