Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB48 Problem Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
So the first charge I ever had with it, I stopped the charge at 70% because I had to leave the house and wasn't able to attend the battery when it finished. Then I tried to charge it again, and it wouldn't charge. Soon after I found out the battery was confused and thought 70% was 100%. I had to drain it to 2%. I flew it and the voltages were not correct. Charge 3 I drained it to 3.4 voltage, it was the best I could do. Now the mAh don't read 5700 on the app. This is what it shows me. Check attachment below.

Now I'm at charge 8 and the health reads 98%. I really hope I didn't damage the battery. How can I calibrate it so the battery reads 5700 mAh or at least close. I spoke to DJI and they told me to wait for charge cycle 20 and drain it completely or until the aircraft shuts off. I assume I'll drain it till I see 3.3 voltage at least and land it. Then allow the battery to drain until it shuts off.

Has anyone else came across this issue? I assume I won't get 100% health no more :( What is the lowest health we should have until the battery is no longer safe to use?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-19-01-58-11.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-19-01-58-11.png
    184.3 KB · Views: 16
Hello Kevin, nice to meet you. My name is Ralph and I am the owner of FlyHighUSA. We see things like this more often than not. If it was mine I would drane it to 0 completely dead and then recharge it to 100 % . This should reset the calibration on the battery and it should be fine. I i can help you in any way just give me a shout. I hope this helps you.

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
Hello Kevin, nice to meet you. My name is Ralph and I am the owner of FlyHighUSA. We see things like this more often than not. If it was mine I would drane it to 0 completely dead and then recharge it to 100 % . This should reset the calibration on the battery and it should be fine. I i can help you in any way just give me a shout. I hope this helps you.

Thanks for the quick reply. Should I attempt this calibration at charge cycle 10? Instead of the 20 cycles. I'm going to drain it completely. I drained it twice in the charge 1 and 2 down to 2%. It seems it didn't calibrate. It may need a full discharge till 0% dead. Draining it till dead doesn't damage the battery right? Isn't there some protection to the cells and 0%?

Thanks again :)

It will not harm the battery at all to drain it to zero. I would not use it at this point until I get the calibration sorted. Also if you are mechanically inclined you can take top off and unplug the balance lead for about 20 minutes and replug but I would only do this as a last resort as it would void the warranty. Best thing to do is drop it to zero and recharge.

Thanks for the quick reply. Should I attempt this calibration at charge cycle 10? Instead of the 20 cycles. I'm going to drain it completely. I drained it twice in the charge 1 and 2 down to 2%. It seems it didn't calibrate. It may need a full discharge till 0% dead. Draining it till dead doesn't damage the battery right? Isn't there some protection to the cells and 0%?

Thanks again :)
I was given this instruction from DJI technicians that I have access to at DJI.

It will not harm the battery at all to drain it to zero. I would not use it at this point until I get the calibration sorted. Also if you are mechanically inclined you can take top off and unplug the balance lead for about 20 minutes and replug but I would only do this as a last resort as it would void the warranty. Best thing to do is drop it to zero and recharge.

Yeah I was about to say, I'll open the battery up for last resort :p. I still got 6 months left for the warranty haha :). I'll try the 0% tomorrow. I got 2 more charges until I calibrate it agai. Will it bring the battery health to 97%? It's currently 98%. I appreciate your help. I'll report back after I'm done calibration.

So the first charge I ever had with it, I stopped the charge at 70% because I had to leave the house and wasn't able to attend the battery when it finished. Then I tried to charge it again, and it wouldn't charge. Soon after I found out the battery was confused and thought 70% was 100%. I had to drain it to 2%. I flew it and the voltages were not correct. Charge 3 I drained it to 3.4 voltage, it was the best I could do. Now the mAh don't read 5700 on the app. This is what it shows me. Check attachment below.

Now I'm at charge 8 and the health reads 98%. I really hope I didn't damage the battery. How can I calibrate it so the battery reads 5700 mAh or at least close. I spoke to DJI and they told me to wait for charge cycle 20 and drain it completely or until the aircraft shuts off. I assume I'll drain it till I see 3.3 voltage at least and land it. Then allow the battery to drain until it shuts off.

Has anyone else came across this issue? I assume I won't get 100% health no more :( What is the lowest health we should have until the battery is no longer safe to use?
Kevin - you started this thread HERE on exactly the same subject (almost word for word)
I have no idea why you have now decided to start up this thread!

This one now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters