Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB48 vs TB47 Batteries

Reaction score
Has anyone flown with the 5700 mA TB48 battery? Are you getting noticeably more flight time with this battery? I've noticed they are currently out of stock on most sites, but down the road this is what I'd like to fly with.

Since we're on the topic of batteries, would anyone be able to enlighten me on battery life cycles? Will batteries noticeably degrade with 20+ flights or does it take hundreds of flights? I love learning all I can on this stuff so any 'neat fact' information would be welcome!

I ordered three TB 47 batteries from www.allERC.com in Mesa Arizona just got them today. Now I have a total of four and waiting on my to TB 48's from DJI. I couldn't wait any longer.
I've logged over 50 flights and I'm getting anywhere between 15 to 17 minutes. And usually 5 to 6% left. So I'm guessing the TB 48's will have anywhere from 21 to 23 minutes

I did the math of on the batteries when I bought my second batteries. If you were to buy 5 TB48 batteries you'd get 100 mins of flight time for $995 but if you buy 6 TB47s you'd get 108 mins of flight time for $954. Oddly the smaller batteries come out to be the better bargain unless the extra 4 mins of flight time is really worth it for you.

"I've logged over 50 flights"

I know that's flights and not hours but your's will be heading back to the factory soon - check No 4;

F Time.PNG

After 50 Flights I need to return this to the factory or dealer? I wish this statement was included in DJI's slick promotional videos...Thanks Phillip Bloom!

It's probably all of the above and... bearings which should be replaced around 50 - 70 hours of flight time anyway.

I replace my T-Motor bearings anywhere between 60 - 80 hours of logged flight time. They have a life and are about the only thing that will wear out on the motors.

However...... they are easily replaceable by any competent DIY'er so it's DJI's way of making more money !

So are you saying that we can replace these bearings ourselves if we have some technical/mechanical ability? Thanks

So are you saying that we can replace these bearings ourselves if we have some technical/mechanical ability? Thanks
Mike - I would be very careful with that assumption or promoting that assumption. Perhaps we'll have some breakdown videos in the near future and experience in successful workings on the machine. But we know so little at this time, right?

That's also 50 hours (not flights) so maybe 150 flights and by then we'll (hopefully) know more and find that DJI dealers will be able to do the necessary too if it's not a DIY job.

That sounds better...I'm just freaking out a bit on all of this...now the props are coming off? We are supposed to get locking nuts, but the Dealers don't know anything about this? I realize this is a new product...there will be some "issue's," but I just want to make sure I'm as informed as I can be.

Quite simply - YES. It will not be that hard.

What will be more difficult for any beginner however is knowing how tight to torque the arm nuts without pinching the damping 'o' ring and thus putting undue stress on the thrust bearing. If you are used to working on hub assemblies on collective pitch helis then it shouldn't be an issue.

The first thing I do when I get a new ARTF helicopter before I even fly the thing is strip it right down the the frame.
I will be doing exactly the same thing with an Inspire irrespective of warranty voidance - I want to know how well it's been engineered (or not) and understand how to rebuild the thing in the event of a mis-hap.
I have purchased helicopters in the past that have come from the factory so called 'Ready to Fly' but are misaligned and need the swash plate setting up properly. I wouldn't mind betting that the Inspire has left the production line with some of them incorrectly set up.

Anyway, sorry, I digress.... at the end of the day the Inspire IS NOT a magical piece of equipment.. It's a Quadcopter, built on carbon fiber frame, with four motors, propellers, esc's, a flight controller, two way radio link, VTX, GPS receiver, GCU, bluetooth enabled, with a battery and some wire and connectors. The same as every other Multi I have built with the exception of a motor to transform the arms.

They are not difficult to work on - Whether DJI try and come out with some mumbo jumbo rubbish that they can only be worked on with special equipment and therefore must be returned to a dealer etc, etc remains to be seen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207