Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB50 Battery charge count trustworthy...

Reaction score
Silly little island off west coast of Europe
....or maybe not :(

There have been a couple of times recently that I've recharged my TB50's and when I've been flying I've noticed that the charge counter in djigo4 is out by 1 on one of the batteries. The first time it happened I thought I'd messed up so ran one down to about 70% doing some ground work then charged it solo to bring the counters back in sync. But it's happened again today and I know I've only ever charged them in pairs since the last time it happened.

I can't put my finger on exactly what's causing it to happen. All I can think is that the charger sometimes doesn't seem to connect fully with the battery when it's inserted and it needs reseating, and the charger is seeing this as two separate charges. The only other thing I did this afternoon was to hotswap the batteries to see what temps and charge they where at after flying, it was only after the hotswaps that I noticed the counters where out on one pair. Coincidence?

Yep, I know it's not a critical item :D , but I do like the batts to be nice n tidy ;)

Anyone else had anything similar?

And while I'm on, the battery stats in healthydrones don't seem to be working well for counting charges either, they're all mixed up with the I2 batteries, don't show cells properly, nor temps. On my P4 records I've found that healthydrones sometimes adds recharge counts between sequential flights on the same battery without it being powered off between flights! :(

....or maybe not :(

There have been a couple of times recently that I've recharged my TB50's and when I've been flying I've noticed that the charge counter in djigo4 is out by 1 on one of the batteries. The first time it happened I thought I'd messed up so ran one down to about 70% doing some ground work then charged it solo to bring the counters back in sync. But it's happened again today and I know I've only ever charged them in pairs since the last time it happened.

I can't put my finger on exactly what's causing it to happen. All I can think is that the charger sometimes doesn't seem to connect fully with the battery when it's inserted and it needs reseating, and the charger is seeing this as two separate charges. The only other thing I did this afternoon was to hotswap the batteries to see what temps and charge they where at after flying, it was only after the hotswaps that I noticed the counters where out on one pair. Coincidence?

Yep, I know it's not a critical item :D , but I do like the batts to be nice n tidy ;)

Anyone else had anything similar?

And while I'm on, the battery stats in healthydrones don't seem to be working well for counting charges either, they're all mixed up with the I2 batteries, don't show cells properly, nor temps. On my P4 records I've found that healthydrones sometimes adds recharge counts between sequential flights on the same battery without it being powered off between flights! :(
Don't trust the charge count on anything DJI - this is why I keep a manual log of battery management.
DJI use a weird system of (approx) 50% depletion and a charge back up past around 65% to count as a 'charge cycle.
This is easy confused (as you've discovered) and prone to inaccuracies. For some unfathomable reason DJI insist on using percentage as both a level of charge and depletion display of a pack.
Totally pointless and arbitrary but they still go with it! :confused:

Puzzling thing is that they're out of step even though they're always taken down to 10-15% and then back up to full, and always in pairs :confused:.

I've noticed that sometimes the batteries don't seem to "connect" in the charger, and need another firm push, or sometimes removing and recoupling - I'm not sure the drop down flap door on the can charger is that great a design. I'm hoping they design the multicharger case a bit better than that!

I had hoped to have used Healthydrones to track the charges but after its inaccuracies with the P4 batteries, like you, I've been manually logging the charges for the TB50's. That's how I've noticed them start to get out of step.

Thought I'd mention the healthy drones mess ups 'cause a lot of people seem to unduly rely on them for knowing how many cycles the batteries have done :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74