Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB55 batteries

Reaction score
Optional for Matrice 200, wonder if they will work for I2?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If the Z30 isn't compatible with the I2 then why would the batteries be?
because the TB50's are shown as the standard battery for the M200 series, with the TB55 as optional, which would basically mean that the pin-outs and control signalling are similar if not the same.

The Inspire 2 shows the TB50's as "standard" on the DJI specs too and that implies that there will be a higher rated pack at some point...

It's probably why the 8 pack charger in the peli style case is/was "*coming soon" - they've been designing it alongside the TB55's and waiting for the M200 - that style of charger would be useful in industrial applications.

I'm interested in how they get the XT and Z30 to physically mount when they've said they're a different mount to the X4s/x5s series - it sounds like they've developed a plug n play detachable mount for it so you get both mount types included in the box, but have to swap them round/out as appropriate to your camera payload. If that's the case, then the XT and Z30 won't come to the I2 as the mount is integrated and optimised for the cinecore and raw workflow. The M200 doesn't have the ability to go ProRes or CinemaDNG, so doesn't have the same imaging engine. It looks like it's similar as it can handle a couple of imaging streams (ie z30 and xt together, along with the FPV cam), but doesn't have the optimisation for CinemaDNG and ProRes.

DJI are differentiating the lines more than they did on the Inspire 1 - Inspire 2 is intended for higher end Cinema video and stills work, M200 for industrial apps. Each platform optimised for the work it does rather than trying to do a one-horse-fits-all approach.

because the TB50's are shown as the standard battery for the M200 series, with the TB55 as optional, which would basically mean that the pin-outs and control signalling are similar if not the same.

The Inspire 2 shows the TB50's as "standard" on the DJI specs too and that implies that there will be a higher rated pack at some point...

It's probably why the 8 pack charger in the peli style case is/was "*coming soon" - they've been designing it alongside the TB55's and waiting for the M200 - that style of charger would be useful in industrial applications.

I'm interested in how they get the XT and Z30 to physically mount when they've said they're a different mount to the X4s/x5s series - it sounds like they've developed a plug n play detachable mount for it so you get both mount types included in the box, but have to swap them round/out as appropriate to your camera payload. If that's the case, then the XT and Z30 won't come to the I2 as the mount is integrated and optimised for the cinecore and raw workflow. The M200 doesn't have the ability to go ProRes or CinemaDNG, so doesn't have the same imaging engine. It looks like it's similar as it can handle a couple of imaging streams (ie z30 and xt together, along with the FPV cam), but doesn't have the optimisation for CinemaDNG and ProRes.

DJI are differentiating the lines more than they did on the Inspire 1 - Inspire 2 is intended for higher end Cinema video and stills work, M200 for industrial apps. Each platform optimised for the work it does rather than trying to do a one-horse-fits-all approach.

I see your logic with the batteries.

Did you see this picture for possible adaption of the Z30?

100742e0jwwgqgc1k2dq2p.jpg

Hadn't seen the adaptor, so looks like they've decided it's worth doing, at least for the industrial users :D

Still might not mean it'll work in the I2 though :( - signalling/protocols might be different between camera ranges and I'd guess it'd depend on if they can (or even want to!) fit it all in to a new set of firmware for the I2 - It'd be nice to be able to use the xt thermal camera on it. Wth the cinecore and prores to deal with on the I2, there may not be enough room in the internal flash memory to allow for the two lines to co-exist. As the M200 doesn't have the cinemadng and prores taking up space, I'd guess they can utilise that space for both camera families. Don't know.... just my thoughts.

Just looked at the video, the adaptor is for the xt, the z30 looks like it mounts directly. So I'd guess the I2 would also need a firmware update as they don't list the z30 as compatible right now, even if (technically) it's mount is.
Z30 isn't the same as x4s or x5s it looks like it is but it isn't that show an adapter in the one video

Just confirmed with DJI that TB55 will fit Inspire2, shipping estimate april-june. Also asked about increased flytime, but they didn't have any estimate yet.

Last edited:
Just confirmed with DJI that TB55 will fit Inspire2, shipping estimate april-june. Also asked about increased flytime, but they didn't have any estimate yet.
I wouldn't trust anything a DJI call centre tells you.
They are totally clueless and their cure everything is "Do an IMU and compass calibration" :p
If they said the batteries will fit but can give you no more info (like flight times etc) chances are they are telling you what you want to hear with no basis for factual information.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74