Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Telemetry on video

Reaction score
Hi All
I want to record a video that has the height information available as a subtitle, but i need it to be switched off in the final product. It will be used to overlay CGI on top of the video so they need to know at what altitude the camera is.
Any way to display this?

Did you consider having a screen recorder app running on your phone or tablet? Would give you the live feed of your footage will all telemetry.

Syncing this up with the footage would be really simple.

Hi All
I want to record a video that has the height information available as a subtitle, but i need it to be switched off in the final product. It will be used to overlay CGI on top of the video so they need to know at what altitude the camera is.
Any way to display this?
I need to know the exact same info, did you get to how to do this? my client didn't ask for this info until after the job!

Hi Muzz

I did indeed find out how to do this. There is a setting in DJI Go that says video captions. it is under the settings option under the capture button to the right on the screen. Then press the cog wheel and you can set captions on or off. This produces an extra file that will (or not) show the telemetry on the screen. I only found one video player that shows this telemetry, and it is the VLC media player. My standard windows or quicktime would not recognise this.

Unfortunately if this was off when you flew your mission this will all be too late.

Hope this helps.

Espen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell