Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Thailand from the air in 4K

Again some lovely footage, Patrice, Can you tell us what camera was used & other kit? ie Autonomous flight app. Are you still in Thailand?

Last edited:
Every once in a while, we get blown away by the sheer beauty of a location. This is one of those places.

Enjoy some of Thailand's most idyllic locations shot from the air in full 4K resolution.

So beautiful - I was out there last year with my inspire filming the same places... It's so stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again some lovely footage, Paul, Can you tell us what camera was used & other kit? ie Autonomous flight app. Are you still in Thailand?
Hi Glen, thanks for the feedback.
This was shot with the X3 camera. To be honest I've received quite a bit of feedback from X5 users saying that the upgrade is not worth it if for video shooting alone. Given what I do is 95% video, I decided to stick with the X3.

All manual flight, single controller, except for the 2 sequences around the floating village which was in POI mode. Everything else was manual.

Happy you enjoyed. Cheers

Patrice

This was shot with the X3 camera. To be honest I've received quite a bit of feedback from X5 users saying that the upgrade is not worth it if for video shooting alone. Given what I do is 95% video, I decided to stick with the X3.

All manual flight, single controller, except for the 2 sequences around the floating village which was in POI mode. Everything else was manual.

Patrice
X3 is the the truth for 550

Patrice

Hey
For what it's worth- I disagree with the x3 comments
I'm going out again this year to do it all with x5
The changes (from a library stock footage perspective) are the difference between getting your footage used and paid for - or ignored ...
Just my 2 cents worth..
Andrew

Hey
The changes (from a library stock footage perspective) are the difference between getting your footage used and paid for - or ignored ...
Just my 2 cents worth..
Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
Can't wait to see...

I say that softly but the x3 in 4k omg!

Hey
Just my 2 cents worth..
Andrew

I'm not having any problems selling this stuff with X3 footage ;-)
The comments were actually not mine but rather coming from a number of people who have worked in cinematography for 25+ years. They mentioned something around sharpness which was an issue. However, the X5R is another story. The camera is not out yet but being tested by the same people and the feedback there is a lot better (but still too early to make it official).
I agree with you that there has to be a benefit in paying 3 times more for a camera.
If you have some good stuff you want to sell. Let me know. Cheers
Patrice

I'm not having any problems selling this stuff with X3 footage ;-)
The comments were actually not mine but rather coming from a number of people who have worked in cinematography for 25+ years. They mentioned something around sharpness which was an issue. However, the X5R is another story. The camera is not out yet but being tested by the same people and the feedback there is a lot better (but still too early to make it official).
I agree with you that there has to be a benefit in paying 3 times more for a camera.
If you have some good stuff you want to sell. Let me know. Cheers
Patrice

I usually supply Getty or Shutterstock - do you recommend other agencies?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko