Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Thanks Guys!

Reaction score
Just wanted to drop a quick hello to everyone. I recently purchased my Inspire 1 with a full compliment of 5 batteries. I also got the smartpowercharge battery charger, heliguy FPV system and a second controller among a few other things. This forum has been a tremendous wealth of knowledge for me (this being my first quadcopter) and I greatly appreciate what you all do for the community. I do have 2 quick questions. Number 1, when I take a photo they always seem to come out blurry. I've noticed after updating to the latest firmware, it seems to drift around quite a bit now when hovering as compared to when I first got it. I always calibrate the compass every time I fly. Is there something else I can try? Secondly, my FPV system seems to be experiencing a little bit of interference. My picture gets fuzzy on my monitor everytime I use one of the sticks, but remains perfectly clear otherwise. Any tips? Thanks guys!! And have a great holiday with your families!

I have to agree with you, this forum is a wealth of information and what I'm about to tell you, I've learned from this venue.

Regarding the blurry stills...make sure your shutter is set to at least 1/500

The Editor has pointed out several times, that the compass should not be calibrated every flight, unless it's over one hundred miles from the point of the last calibration. The reason is that any kind of metal will influence the calibration and perhaps one of those times there may be buried metal where you calibrate. The calibration will be fine, until you take off, then without the influence metal it will drift sometimes resulting in a crash.

Also, a bad IMU calibration can make it drift. Make sure the AC is perfectly level with no vibrations when you do it. Make sure the AC is cold (hasn't been on) before you do it. No further IMU calibration is needed unless there's a firmware update.

That's my two cents. Perhaps others can help you with the FPV problem. Happy New Year!

Thank you for the quick response! This is only my 5th flight or so, but I really started noticing the drift after doing the second latest firmware update. I will calibrate the IMU and Compass once more when I get home just to be safe. Ive never done an IMU calibration before. And I figured the drifting was what was causing the blurry photos.

Welcome Elite and join this forum and ask as much as you can.

Secondly, my FPV system seems to be experiencing a little bit of interference. My picture gets fuzzy on my monitor everytime I use one of the sticks, but remains perfectly clear otherwise. Any tips?
Change the video channel manually in the Go App, or on the FPV transmitter until you have a clear signal.
However, I stopped messing with that and put my FPV screen on a tripod. No interference at all that way.

I always calibrate my compass at the same spot as I know it gives good results. I only re-calibrate after a firmware update. I leave the inspire outside for 30 min before a IMU calibration, make sure the inspire is level I use a spirit level to be sure. Upload the map of your flying site and ensure the inspire nose is pointing in the right direction before take off. Please note I have done over 60 flights on the one compass calibration with no issues. Fly safe and enjoy.

I have my monitor on a tripod as well. I only get interference when actually moving the sticks. If it's hovering, it's fine. I didn't know if there was something to maybe wrap around the transmitter to isolate it from the Inspire's on board electronics somehow. The transmitter is currently inside a (for lack of a better name) 3D Printed "butt" and the antenna points down. The battery for the FPV system is housed in the "butt" as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redrocksshuttle