Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The beauty of international online collaboration

Reaction score
Just wanted to say a big thank you to a fellow member of this forum who helped produce the below video for Aerial Entertainment Studios. I met Johno Wells virtually through this forum last year and I would recommend him to any of you fellow aerial enthusiasts if you have any video production needs. John has been extremely professional and attentive in the service he offers.

It's great to see a project come to fruition through the collaboration of people who have never met in person and who live literally at opposite sides of the planet.

The below video was produced to promote our services for aerial cinematographers and I am very happy with the result.

Big thanks to you Johno and I hope you can get a lot of business moving forward.

Cheers

Patrice

You should probably PAY InspirePilots.com for advertising, (like the other advertisers on this site do).
Advertising your business for free by posting in the public forums, non-inspire related videos that specifically promote your business is called SPAM.
Lots of businesses from Hong Kong use this tactic on these types of forums and while it's cute at first, it becomes uncool as you ramp up your free marketing.

You should probably PAY InspirePilots.com for advertising, (like the other advertisers on this site do).
Advertising your business for free by posting in the public forums, non-inspire related videos that specifically promote your business is called SPAM.
Lots of businesses from Hong Kong use this tactic on these types of forums and while it's cute at first, it becomes uncool as you ramp up your free marketing.
I'm in discussion right now actually to purchase space on this forum. This will be finalised in the coming weeks.

The point here was to outline the support I got from a fellow forum member who demonstrated value added service and professionalism. Thanks to this forum, a significant amount of business went his way and I was merely showcasing the final product that his company produced (which so happens to be a promotional video).

Rest assured, you will see the AES banner soon, we are just finalising the design with the forum administrators.

Cheers.

Hah I was starting to get interested, but just knew there was a catch... "All we require is exclusive use of your work".
Everything ends there IMO. My goal, if I intended to sell footage would be to maximise my chances, not yours :)

BTW, how do you deal with requests for exclusivity that come clients will have? What's the duration of the licence they get? What about targeted audience and distribution volume? These are all things that matter both for sellers and buyers to come to a price that is fair for both.
Oh and you say "HD (1080p) versions of 4K sequences are available at 50% of the cost of 4K." Is it your decision for your footage, or do you force that on other sellers too?

Hah I was starting to get interested, but just knew there was a catch... "All we require is exclusive use of your work".
Everything ends there IMO. My goal, if I intended to sell footage would be to maximise my chances, not yours :)

BTW, how do you deal with requests for exclusivity that come clients will have? What's the duration of the licence they get? What about targeted audience and distribution volume? These are all things that matter both for sellers and buyers to come to a price that is fair for both.
Oh and you say "HD (1080p) versions of 4K sequences are available at 50% of the cost of 4K." Is it your decision for your footage, or do you force that on other sellers too?

Hi there,
Based on your comments, I take it you have never dealt with stock footage platforms before. Asking for exclusivity is completely normal, and if you do that with platforms like Shutterstock, you will be rewarded with a astonishing 40% of the revenues. We are offering up to 70% ... no one in the market comes even close to that.

Having said this, our definition of exclusive is the following: whatever footage you have on our site, you cannot sell on another site. Plain and simple. The beauty of our system though is that you can add/remove footage from our site whenever you want. So if you find a customer that wants to buy footage from you, by all means take it off our site and sell it. NO other platform allows this flexibility for content creators.

In the end, this is the internet, and we do not intend on running around suing people. This was all designed to appeal to content creators and offer flexibility beyond what any other platform is offering.

Have a look at the site and let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

A few months ago, he didn't even know how to handle selling his own footage to companies that wanted the rights to it and now he's started a company and is telling us what the industry does. Curious how he became an expert so fast.

A few months ago, he didn't even know how to handle selling his own footage to companies that wanted the rights to it and now he's started a company and is telling us what the industry does. Curious how he became an expert so fast.
I'm a quick learner.

Over the past 12 months, I've been approached by Shutterstock, Getty, Pond5 and airstoc to sell my footage. The first 3 follow the same business model of taking between 60% to 75% of the revenues when sales are made. From my perspective this is called robbing the artists who do all the work. The whole industry is designed to make money off the back of the artists. We are turning this around and giving the money back to those who deserve it : the content creators.

In fairness, airstoc has a 50-50 approach which is more sensible, but locks you in for 1-3 years and they set the price of the footage. We don't lock in anyone and the artists sets their own price. This is unique.

So, like it or not, no one can deny what we are doing is different to what the market has to offer. And given the investment in time and money that was required to make this a reality, I am confident that no one else is going to come up with something like this in the short run. This is a unique opportunity for anyone who wants to sell their content, as long as it is exotic, and filmed with an Inspire or other 4K platform.

Cheers

So from 20% up to 70%
Again, nothing Inspire related, just "using" the site to promote his "business"
http://www.inspirepilots.com/search/1850296/
Nope, starts at 50% and goes to 70% based on the number of clips people have for sale on the site.

Your point about promotion is noted. As mentioned, we are discussion to purchase advertising space on this forum. Cheers.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shipjoy