Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

the best tablet for the buck for the inspire?

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by thumpinhard, Dec 5, 2014.

1. thumpinhard

I dont want to get two i pads for my 2 controllers due to cost.
    I know you need to have an hdmi connector as well as needing to accept the app.
    I am wondering about memory as well.if you want to store data about the flight to use with other programs how much might me needed? i see ones with hdmi output for connecting a t.v. but is that duplex communication which i assume the inspire transmitter needs.
    i found many but ont sure if they are going to be bright enough even with a shade. i would think a l.c.d. display could be bright enough. unfortunately a lot of the units i see dont have nit specs.
    here is one that looks good to me and is cheap and you can expand memory.
    i am curious to see what others think about this and other android tablets.
    lets see if this link works: http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Touch-...7835794&sr=1-2&keywords=tablet+with+hdmi+port

turbodronepilot likes this.
  2. Anthony Nalli

I really don't want to have yet another piece of kit that needs charging. I already have an iPad mini and an iPhone 6+ so that will be my 1-2 punch for monitors. $109 is pretty good though IF it does what's needed. IF.

3. ctp

ctp

I already have a nexus 9 and a nexus 7 (2013), so I'll start with those. If I want to monitor on a TV, I can use Chromecast to mirror the screen. If one ends up being significantly better I'll probably get a second one. For Internet access I can bluetooth tether from the phone or fire up my hotspot.

4. xybe

5. thumpinhard

sounds about right. I just bought an Asus Iconia Tab 8 and will try it. best buy for 155 out the door.about the same price as the memo pad 7 + tax. i will use my smart samsung as a hotspot for the map access i guess.
    i hear the app will be via a Q.R code that comes with the manual. i wonder if there might be a way to down load it on the tablet and side load the app to my mac laptop for the primary controller?

6. lrwskyfilms

iPad Air 2 128gb with wifi and cellular has just arrived, already downloading various UK apps. Would really like to play with the app before the quad!
    Cheers Mark

7. thumpinhard

I hear ya mark. I am hoping to get a beta version to check out but so far no luck

8. Wiski23

How will we go about a sun shade on an iPad? I had a good shade that went around my ph2 delux fpv, but that had sides. Hmmmmmmm