Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The DJI Customer Run Around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I can't even bring myself to call anything DJI does as "customer service." After all the runaround with the vibrating propeller issues on the new Inspire 2, I had a real simple issue: the charging hub they sent me had no charger or charger cord, just the hub (usefull, huh?).
Now unlike replacement and repair (which is awful too but at least you get BS from a human), DJI sales gives you no human option, only chat (which is absolutely worthless as they know nothing, can't figure our anything, and NEVER do what they say they are going to do, they just want you off the chat so they can give the next customer the DJI Runaround).
So the only other option is email. So I tried that 3 weeks ago, still no response. So I am emailing them 3 times a day, each time setting up a new email incident number they have to respond to. Perhaps they will get tired of it and respond. Pretty soon, I will go to 5 times a day, then 10, as I am on a mission.

I learned a few lessons:

1. Don't use DJI products- I will never order another product from them.

2. If you must order a DJI product, order it from a reputable dealer that cares about you. They will have more clout with DJI then us little people.

3. If you order something from DJI directly and it is not right, immediately dispute the charge on your credit card. That is the only way to get action.

4. Inundate them with emails.

5. Chat is worthless.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Sorry for your DJI CS experience, However, the I2 battery charging hub does not come with a charger. DJI has never included a charging power source with their multi-battery charging hubs. .

When I ordered my I2, I was afraid that it came with a single battery charger like my P3, so I ordered the hub as an extra accessory. My I2 arrived and it had its own charging hub AND the charging cords. All good. The other hub had not arrived yet so I decided to keep the order as the hub only charges 2 of the 4 batteries at once, and since it takes an hour per pair, a second hub was good to have. Hub arrives, no power cord, so it is not useable. How on earth can you use a hub without the power cord, that's just stupid.

Reactions: DavidK
When I ordered my I2, I was afraid that it came with a single battery charger like my P3, so I ordered the hub as an extra accessory. My I2 arrived and it had its own charging hub AND the charging cords. All good. The other hub had not arrived yet so I decided to keep the order as the hub only charges 2 of the 4 batteries at once, and since it takes an hour per pair, a second hub was good to have. Hub arrives, no power cord, so it is not useable. How on earth can you use a hub without the power cord, that's just stupid.

DJI have never supplied power cords with accessories for as long as I can remember.
It's just the way they market their products so as to package them for any country without a plethora of different plugs/cables to worry about.
If you don't want to use it, send it back. If you do, buy a power cable for a few pennies and problem solved!
Your ranting will not achieve much I'm afraid.....

Reactions: rovboy and Cornscot
Then why did the I 2 come hub come with the correct cord? Both were being sent to the USA, so I don't buy that explanation.
I want to use it but I can't, and I can't get anyone at DJI to respond, that's the point of my "rant" as you call it.

Then why did the I 2 come hub come with the correct cord? Both were being sent to the USA, so I don't buy that explanation.
I want to use it but I can't, and I can't get anyone at DJI to respond, that's the point of my "rant" as you call it.

Once again....The I2 charging hub included with the I2 AC is part of the core I2 AC package The AC adapter and country specific AC cable is also part of the I2 core package and NOT associated with the I2 charging hub .. The i2 hub ordered as a separate accessory does not include any charging adapter or cables as shown on their site. The alternative is include the AC adapter and country specific AC cable. However this would to double or triple the price of the I2 charging hub and create hundreds of unnecessary country specific SKUs for DJI to stock and it would result in I2 owners being forced to purchase potentially unwanted supplicate AC adapters when buying the I2 charging hub to replace an out of warranty defective one.. It has been this way for every changing hub DJI has released since the P3. If you don't like it; return it.. It is a simple as that. The is no deception on DJI's part here.

Reactions: The Editor

Agree with what Retired2Fly said. His comments are spot on.
But hey, if you want to continue stamping your feet, raising your blood pressure and 'not buying' people's explanations then knock yourself out.
Or you could just accept that DJI do not ship power cords with accessories, go and buy one and lower your heart rate and enjoy your I2.

I get the cord part, ok. I guess you all are used to their terrible customer service (they never even respond to anything, all they needed to say was we sell that stuff separately), and that is unacceptable to me, and I just refuse to support it. Call it stomping my feet, whatever.
I have a brand new I2 with about an hour flight time, with 6 batteries, 2 charging hubs (one with the proper cords), 3 sets of props ( no rattle), x4s camera, DJI Refresh and an I Pad 2 for sale if anyone wants it.
About $5000 invested, best reasonable offer. My hissy fit is your gain. Email me privately if you are interested.

I was blessed (?) by living within an hour of Innovative UAS in Tempe AZ. I only buy from a dealer with a real store where I can walk in look at the product, kick the tires, touch UAVs, ask questions from experts like Micah and Ali. And excellent customer service after the sale.

Reactions: Casey53
Good move. Master DJI seems to have brainwashed many into thinking no customer service is the new normal. This is problem for so many DJI customers I cannot believe anyone defends them.

I was blessed (?) by living within an hour of Innovative UAS in Tempe AZ. I only buy from a dealer with a real store where I can walk in look at the product, kick the tires, touch UAVs, ask questions from experts like Micah and Ali. And excellent customer service after the sale.

I agree. I need to see it, touch it, and find a real store too where I can exchange it for one that works and not deal with shipping and RMA stuff (Que: Best Buy here.). My local Inspire hobby store has a zero return policy for anything he sells and stamps the receipt's back saying "Take it up with the manufacture if it doesn't work or suit you." so no sale with him. Some work out of P.O. boxes and deliver to you, but then when the infamous bad DJI Q.C. mojo matters happen, they are gone with the sunset.

Supporting your local supplier is always preferable in my book and I am not defending DJI CS reputation. However, this thread is not about DJI's horrible CS or referendum on boycotting them. It is about the OP ordering something from DJI website and assuming something was included instead of taking a few seconds and reading the product description at the DJI product website and then throwing an online tantrum here blaming DJI for HIS ERROR. Even when confronted here with HIS ERROR he STILL blames DJI stating it is unacceptable to sell the charging hub without the power adapter and AC cord and DJI is a horrible company for doing it. Given the way you acted here if I were DJI I would not respond to you either. This is NOT a DJI issue and you were given the acceptable solution. It is your money and you have the choice to spend it with DJI or somewhere else, but grow up and at accept this issue is 100% YOUR fault.

Reactions: The Editor
Can't argue with any of the above comments really.
I look forward to seeing the Inspire 2 and charging hub (without power cord) listed on the Classifieds section.
Reason for sale - no power cord included. :p

Think this thread has run its course now....

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar