Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The important questions answered about inspire 1?

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have done a lot of research for the inspire 1 v2 and wanted to add this post so that there is somewhere for new Inspire 1 owners to come to so that answers to the biggest questions can be answered. So here is my list of questions that I need to know that i've found hard to answer:

1. How do you discharge your battery?
2. Should you discharge it every 10 cycles or 20?
3. My inspire 1 x3 camera seems not to be even on the horizon? How do I correct this?

Answers here would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to this forum.
Since you're new here just a friendly advise:cool::
If you do a search you get more (of the same) answers than you would care to read.
You don't really expect that your questions are new and unique now do you?

Do a search on 'search the forum' and you might get an idea how many times people ask the same questions without searching for the answers first. And how many times moderators have to stop people from starting the same threads about the same issues, in keeping the forum searchable as it is.

I just searched 'battery discharge' and I got more than 10 pages of threads and posts about it. Surely somewhere in there is your answer, in twenty vault.:rolleyes:

Hi there,

I have done a lot of research for the inspire 1 v2 and wanted to add this post so that there is somewhere for new Inspire 1 owners to come to so that answers to the biggest questions can be answered. So here is my list of questions that I need to know that i've found hard to answer:

3. My inspire 1 x3 camera seems not to be even on the horizon? How do I correct this?

Welcome to the forum.
As Lake Flyer mentions above - All of your questions have been thourougly discussed and aswered on the forum previously.
Just do a search and numerous threads will become evident on the exact subjects you have asked.

Welcome to the forum.
As Lake Flyer mentions above - All of your questions have been thourougly discussed and aswered on the forum previously.
Just do a search and numerous threads will become evident on the exact subjects you have asked.
That reminds me of a question iv'e had but forgot to ask, is there a way to search a particular forum, ex Inspire 1 Discussion or just the search spyglass that searches everything?

Welcome to this forum.
Since you're new here just a friendly advise:cool::
If you do a search you get more (of the same) answers than you would care to read.
You don't really expect that your questions are new and unique now do you?

Do a search on 'search the forum' and you might get an idea how many times people ask the same questions without searching for the answers first. And how many times moderators have to stop people from starting the same threads about the same issues, in keeping the forum searchable as it is.

I just searched 'battery discharge' and I got more than 10 pages of threads and posts about it. Surely somewhere in there is your answer, in twenty vault.:rolleyes:

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum.
I keep a record of battery uses, and I deep recycle every 10 flights......I discharge in two ways; neither seems to work better than the other:
1. put the battery to be recycled in the drone, turn it on and let it run until it doesn't.
2. put thej battery to be recycled in the drone, put drone into hover mode and wait until it lands.
Hope this helps......it's unconventional, but works for us.

Healthy Drones, now Airdata UAV, recommend deep recycle every 20 flights or recharges. They say never discharge to 0% but to 8% or when battery will no longer turn on. Running the aircraft motors on the ground with or without propellers will decrease battery power by approx 1% every five minutes. Allow batteries to cool before recharging to extend life.

I'll just chime in and say that this deep cycling nonsense is responsible for far more problems than it has solved. Land at 30% or 3.5V whichever occurs first and set your batteries to discharge after 2 days.

I'll just chime in and say that this deep cycling nonsense is responsible for far more problems than it has solved. Land at 30% or 3.5V whichever occurs first and set your batteries to discharge after 2 days.
I agree it has caused a lot of problems and confusion (mostly with people who are unfamiliar with Lipo technology)
However, whenever a platform like the DJI UAV's use any kind of fuel guage as an indication of charge rather than an absolute value, periodic calibration is necessary to teach the software where the 'endpoints' of full and 'empty' are (Empty in inverted commas since LVC will determine empty at just over 3v per cell). These will move over time due to diminishing pack capacity as well as an increase in IR of the cells. No algorithms can accurately calculate/guess what this deterioration will be over time and therefore from time to time the end points need re-aligning.

I highly recommend the "Phantom Angel". It will bring a fully charged Lipo 6S Battery down to storage voltage in about an hour or less. I bought the Inspire version that will take care of my 6S TB47 or TB48 Bbatteries of my Inspire 1V2 or with a flip a toggle switch it will take care of my 4S Phantom 4 Battery. Another switch selects if you want the Battery brought down to storage voltage or deep cycled. You can request a version that only takes care of the Inspire 1 Batteries for a lot less. See: Phantom Angel

Last edited:
Hi there,

The horizon issue crops up for me every so often I re calibrate the IMU on a level surface make sure it is level
Follow this

Since I brought up the Phantom Angel 2 posts ago I brought a just flown DJI TB48 Battery and brought it up to a full charge. I then connected my Phantom Angel to time how long it takes to take a fully charged TB48 and discharge it to storage voltage of 3.3V (50% Charge). It took exactly 25 minutes to automatically stop the discharge. I used to run my I1V2 on the floor until my batteries got down to 2-1/2 Lights but I figured that there had to be a better and easier way so researched everything and in my research I found that Mark, the Editor of this InspirePilots.com and Lynh Phan were some of the users of the Angel so I ordered one and couldn't be happier!

The horizon issue crops up for me every so often I re calibrate the IMU on a level surface make sure it is level
Follow this

I have read the comments below your youtube post and I don't agree that the IMU calibration would solve the gimbal problem. It never did for me. It has been discussed several times in depth on this forum but there is no real solution. It's inherent to how these type of gimbals work. It will always be tilting one way or the other during/after yawing, sometimes a lot, lucky enough most times hardly visible (my experience). It's also differs per gimbal type. The Z3 suffers a lot more from this than the X3 for instance.

Also, I would advise not to advise so strongly to perform a compass calibration before every flight. Once a calibration (on a known calibration safe spot) turns out to be reliable, I would stick with it as long as I could. Unless I would travel 200 miles I wouldn't touch it. A calibration error in the field, most of the times turns out to be caused by very local magnetic interference and 6 feet up it's usually gone. If your bird still shows a calibration error in the air (not perse that scary, it's just not flying as straight as you would like), then land it and calibrate, hoping that the area is 'calibration friendly'. Your compass might have been screwed up by magnetic forces in the trunk of your car (subwoofer). Otherwise, there's no reason to calibrate. Actually there's every reason not to. A bad calibration on the ground might lead to strange behaviour up high, which might panic a beginner causing him to lose his bird.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez