Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

the latest firmware (as at March 19th 2016)

Hi Everyone... New to all this...Very excited to get going. Bought myself an Inspire 1 just over a month ago and busy with the latest firmware upgrade right now. After reading all the comments... I hope I am doing the right thing ;-)
Any suggestions?

Hi Everyone... New to all this...Very excited to get going. Bought myself an Inspire 1 just over a month ago and busy with the latest firmware upgrade right now. After reading all the comments... I hope I am doing the right thing ;-)
Any suggestions?

Have you flown it yet? If not then find a place away from anyone and fly about 50-100 feet AGL and get a feel for the way the AC responds to stick movements. You may wish to change the stick sensitivity, particularly the yaw, but spend a few batteries just learning the feel of flying before doing anything more advanced. You also want to develop the muscle memory of not only the flight behavior but also flight times on the battery etc. Learn to scan the sensors so you know how much battery you have left and how strong your comm is.

Also, get the tools you need to avoid flying where you shouldn't. The FAA based "B4UFLY" app, available on Android and iOS, will help but keep in mind the app is pretty poorly made so it may take some time to figure out its idiosyncrasies.

It would be a good idea to have another person along to keep an eye on other people and assist with monitoring for planes and helicopters -- if you have older children (12+) you can bet they will be more than willing to come along to help but do know they will likely want some stick time to.

Brian

Reactions: SkyCat
Have you flown it yet? If not then find a place away from anyone and fly about 50-100 feet AGL and get a feel for the way the AC responds to stick movements. You may wish to change the stick sensitivity, particularly the yaw, but spend a few batteries just learning the feel of flying before doing anything more advanced. You also want to develop the muscle memory of not only the flight behavior but also flight times on the battery etc. Learn to scan the sensors so you know how much battery you have left and how strong your comm is.

Also, get the tools you need to avoid flying where you shouldn't. The FAA based "B4UFLY" app, available on Android and iOS, will help but keep in mind the app is pretty poorly made so it may take some time to figure out its idiosyncrasies.

It would be a good idea to have another person along to keep an eye on other people and assist with monitoring for planes and helicopters -- if you have older children (12+) you can bet they will be more than willing to come along to help but do know they will likely want some stick time to.

Brian
Hi Brian... Thanks for your comment and advice ;-)
I have actually just about completed my South African RPAS Commercial Pilots License - Just need 10 more minutes of flying on a BLADE CHROMA!!!!! (Yes, the VW Beetle of the drone world!) Unfortunately after lousy weather, flying became impossible so it was postponed! And, much to my dismay, the SACAA don't allow you to sign-out with your own bird, so I have to wait another week or 2. What I meant by 'new to all this' was my new Inspire 1. I appreciate all the advise I can get though. Only been flying for a few months, but have gone the full monty and done the legal thing and almost ready to fly commercially. Nothing like learning to fly a Chroma when you have a "Porsche" waiting for you (on the runway). ;-)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1