Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The latest list of compatible lenses for the X5

I have tried the 9-18 mm Zuiko. It does work perfectly on the X5, however, since it is very frontheavy it is very hard to balance. Any ideas or experiences?

I have tried that, but I would need more than just one coin, even a couple did't do the trick.
Also, I can't p[lace it at the back of the camera becuase there's not enough room there, because it will collide with the gimbal.

Reactions: ChrisG333
And wouldn't this be in danger of overloading the gimbal motors even though the gimbal is balanced?
Worth testing. I did it before (but weight on the lens end) when the 45 was first supported and it was ok. As long as it's balanced, it shouldnt make much of a difference and the gimbal motors are pretty beefy so they can handle a lot. As they're brushless, you have no chance of burning them out so its worth a go.

how did you do it Phil?
there's hardly room to put weight.
I bodged mine with a coin and some tape when i first tried it but some 3m double sided tape would probably be neater.
You can attach a £1 coin to the center of the back of the camera body. But If that's not heavy enough to balance it, i guess you'll have to find another way to improvise.
Let me know if you manage to find a solution

I bodged mine with a coin and some tape when i first tried it but some 3m double sided tape would probably be neater.
You can attach a £1 coin to the center of the back of the camera body. But If that's not heavy enough to balance it, i guess you'll have to find another way to improvise.
Let me know if you manage to find a solution
I'll go the fishermans led way. I will let you know how I managed.

Reactions: Phil-RCGeeks
At the request of LSP this is the list as of 4/15/16. I am currently testing some interesting and obscure additional telephoto solutions equal to 170mm. I will post these combinations in the near future. Happy Flying, Chris

Thanks so much for this. As a new Inspire owner this is worth its weight in gold.

- Mike

Reactions: Bob Jackson
Have you done/seen any sharpness tests for the Olympus 14-42mm? Inherently zoom lenses aren't so sharp as primes and for that price it's a cause for suspicion.
Yes, I noticed that! Doesn't look great at all. I hear it would look better on the X5r because of the higher bit rate.

Im looking for a lens that would work on the X5 that is in the 60 to 75mm range. Has anyone had experience with lenses in this size? Ive been looking at the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm and the Sigma 60mm but I'm not sure how they would work out.

Thanks

Has anyone used lead tape for this? It's quite low profile. You can find it at your local golf shop.

These are lenses i am using and have tried to use my findings so far are:-

Using a dji focus to adjust aperture and focus ( essential for close in zoom work ) while wearing cinemizers on tip of my nose
my clients watch with pair of cinemizers with the shade and can control camera

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm works perfectly with balance ring
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/4.0-5.6 to heavy at 190g plus the extra balance weights total 320g motors fail after couple of second
Panasonic LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm/F4.0-5.6 to heavy at 210g plus the extra balance weights total 320g motors fail after couple of second
I have tested the Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm f/4.0-5.6 Asph Mega O.I.S and with weights at full zoom (see pictures ) works perfectly so far i use it for roof inspections facing down no problems yet it does not over stress or overheat the motors, and i have extended inspire legs to allow landing with camera pointing down
My next lens to try is a Olympus M.Zuiko ET-M4518 45mm f/1.8 AF

@trevor king (and the rest of the world, of course)
I am looking at a power zoom lens for inspection purposes and I ran into the Panasonic LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH. POWER O.I.S.
You wrote that the X5 motors fail on the bigger zoom lenses. The Youtube video posted by Cory Jeacocke shows that the M.Zuiko 45-150mm does work. Why couldn't this be done in your opinion?
And besides a balancing problem, will the Panasonic attach to the X5 and can the zoom be controlled with the GoApp? Will it autofocus? I am not questioning your experience with these lenses, just trying to learn before making a purchase.
Thanks!

You wrote that the X5 motors fail on the bigger zoom lenses. The Youtube video posted by Cory Jeacocke shows that the M.Zuiko 45-150mm does work. Why couldn't this be done in your opinion

All news to me i said the 40-150mm dint work for me as was demonstrated in a jessops shop in milton keynes came up with camera motor error after only seconds, also the 40-150 does not have motorised zoom

the video you refer to has a lens i have not tested

Hi guys, i am looking for a 200 or 300mm lens for DJI X5 cam, anyone try anything like that?
Thanks in advance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool