Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The Site That Lets You Track Planes In Real-Time Wants to Track Drones Too

You're 100% clueless!

Beyond the bandwidth issue what would be the point of streaming video from every single AC and drone? The transponder sending a much lower bandwidth signal that provides lat/lon/alt and does so frequently enough would permit more AC in an area to use that bandwidth and broadcast it over a longer distance using less power.

It takes more power to send a high bandwidth signal than it does a low bandwidth one and this is the reason signals from deep space probes are very low bandwidth -- the power required to send a high bandwidth signal is vastly greater and not practical for most probes.

I'll say again -- you're clueless!

Brian

Can you guys move all this crap and start another thread to fight it out? It's all WAY OT, and really just another circle jerk. Enough already.

@The Editor

You're 100% clueless!

Beyond the bandwidth issue what would be the point of streaming video from every single AC and drone? The transponder sending a much lower bandwidth signal that provides lat/lon/alt and does so frequently enough would permit more AC in an area to use that bandwidth and broadcast it over a longer distance using less power.

It takes more power to send a high bandwidth signal than it does a low bandwidth one and this is the reason signals from deep space probes are very low bandwidth -- the power required to send a high bandwidth signal is vastly greater and not practical for most probes.

I'll say again -- you're clueless!

Brian

Are you able to read?
Whose talking about drones?

I'm simply talking about aeroplanes streaming video of the planes journey to the ground and allowing people from around the world to tap into that feed at anytime.

My turn to be clueless.

Even if it was technological possible why would any operator be willing to pay the expense of adding a camera to their airplane for all to view? There is no profit in this that I can see, but I probably am clueless too.

My turn to be clueless.

Even if it was technological possible why would any operator be willing to pay the expense of adding a camera to their airplane for all to view? There is no profit in this that I can see, but I probably am clueless too.

Definitely :)

I can go to to PC WORLD now and buy a webcam that can stream in full hd for less than £50.

Planes would not need to do anything apart from house it in something which protects it against the elements.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah