Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Thermal Imaging

Reaction score
Website
kdactionphoto.smugmug.com
hello. Signing up for a thermal imaging level 1 course certification in Sept. Plan to research sUAS options and if it will be worth the investment. I will not buy equipment without being certified. Anyone out there using their rig for this type of work?
Thanks
Kevin

Reactions: Advexure
hello. Signing up for a thermal imaging level 1 course certification in Sept. Plan to research sUAS options and if it will be worth the investment. I will not buy equipment without being certified. Anyone out there using their rig for this type of work?
Thanks
Kevin

I can state from experience that level l just breaks the ice for IR work most commercial jobs prefers to see at least level ll or lll. Not to say that level l does not get work but just not the high paying jobs has been my experience. I am just starting out with the IR on UMA

I can state from experience that level l just breaks the ice for IR work most commercial jobs prefers to see at least level ll or lll. Not to say that level l does not get work but just not the high paying jobs has been my experience. I am just starting out with the IR on UMA

I realize that but I have to start somewhere. I have 25 years construction site experience with subdivisions. I am knowledgable but also know limitations. So level 1 it is and 2 and 3 after, and 4-30 after that :) They did mention there are other disciplines it is used for and therefore more certs to accomplish..

I realize that but I have to start somewhere. I have 25 years construction site experience with subdivisions. I am knowledgable but also know limitations. So level 1 it is and 2 and 3 after, and 4-30 after that :) They did mention there are other disciplines it is used for and therefore more certs to accomplish..

It was not a put down yes everyone has to start somewhere and I congratulate you for that but I see so many guys go buy a IR camera and no training and just mess the business up for those that spend the time and money to understand thermography.

Reactions: kcobello
It was not a put down yes everyone has to start somewhere and I congratulate you for that but I see so many guys go buy a IR camera and no training and just mess the business up for those that spend the time and money to understand thermography.
Understand and there was no thought on put down. Totally agree with what you said. That's why am not camraing my rig, even if I do, not until I have the basic course which is 2 grand through Monroe Infrared, and their proposed sUAS course following. I do have to have a handheld thermal camera for the class. Beyond that I don't know what to tell you. I have been using state digital orthos for years, cameras since I was a teen, Rc for many years but anyone and their mother can by a $500 rig and shoot aerial imagery and sell it and not get caught. Yet we go through ALL the hoops and get reprimanded. My point is you have to move along and not worry what others are doing. If it's a reprutable company they won't hire the guy with a iPhone with a heat attachment to do the work..:)
Kevin

Good luck with your training hope it goes well. I have purchased 3 hand helds over the years. My first was just a Flir B cam 120x120 resolution simply because I had no clue where the IR path was going to lead me. It took about one month before I discovered 120X 120 was not for me. I have upgraded twice with a BX 320X 240 resolution and a T360 320X 240 resolution.The 320X 240 has served me well for walk over roof scans and electrical panels. I got bit bad by the IR bug attended classes in Denver, Dallas and Burlington NJ. I attended IR conferences in Orlando and New Orleans. My next step is with the UMA and the Zenmuse XT for flat roof scans.

Reactions: kcobello
Thanks
Kevin
Has any one developed Opgals Therm App HZ model? For Inspire? Needs Android device ( product is exterior Thermal Camera ) for Android. Android supplies power/operating software.... There's SDK avail.. need to HDMI TX on Inspire.... Reward ? 25hz plus very good stable OS,(way broader than FLIR) 25 hz exportable....and focusable lens ,,, up to 1800 MTR....

From our side of the business we are seeing a lot more interest in thermal cameras. In addition to the XT, we get asked about the ability to use FLIR View Pro, FLIR Duo Pro and Boson under pretty much every platform. There are definitely ways to do it - maybe not as nicely as an XT works - but the point was that there is a lot more interest from operators of all levels in thermal imaging.

Looking for a pricing scheme for infrared roof inspections and solar panel inspection. Just completed my ITC Level 1 training and looking to expand my aerial imaging business. No idea how to price this type of work....

Welcome.

Unless you were in the same class as I was you got the L1 Thermography not the L1 sUAS Thermography.

PM me.

Yes, I completed the standard L1 Thermography course, in Phoenix, last week. No sUAS was scheduled for AZ. From what I read the UAS course has a lot of 107 stuff, don't really need that.

Yes it does but the sUAS focused a lot on variables factors to take in account when testing plus we have the mFoV and FoV charts for the VUE and XT lens option.

You may know Brian from Sacramento in your class. We spoke about the differences and he concurred he is missing out of some data such as flight calculation of mFoV and FoV

Yes it does but the sUAS focused a lot on variables factors to take in account when testing plus we have the mFoV and FoV charts for the VUE and XT lens option.

You may know Brian from Sacramento in your class. We spoke about the differences and he concurred he is missing out of some data such as flight calculation of mFoV and FoV
Brian with the M600? Yeah we chatted. I understand the concepts (mFoV and FoV charts) in a scenario where the work product must be precise temperature readings (a Radiometric XT), but in a roof inspection job, or solar panel failure detection, don't see much of a need for those calculations. I'm a rook at FLIR, so enlighten me...:D

Brian with the M600? Yeah we chatted. I understand the concepts (mFoV and FoV charts) in a scenario where the work product must be precise temperature readings (a Radiometric XT), but in a roof inspection job, or solar panel failure detection, don't see much of a need for those calculations. I'm a rook at FLIR, so enlighten me...:D

Yeah Brian was one of my students before he took the course.

No worries bortha. we'll talk soon and I'll share. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa