Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Thermal/IR

Will delta-t / isoterm setting be available within the app?

Sent fra min SGP611 via Tapatalk

The version I saw was pre-release so I'm not sure about the final implementation, but isotherms were included in what I got to play with at IDE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I read this camera is based on the Tau 2 so it should be able to take radiometric readings if true, so sounds pretty useful if getting the 640 version but god knows what price tag DJI will stick on it, just hope its not prohibitive and they will be realistic about its pricing

I'd be interested to know why you feel that way. I've worked in the IR biz for coming up on 20 years and can think of lots of applications where qualitative scans would be quite useful for eliminating large areas, or areas with lots of components, quickly.

BTW, the XT uses a Tau.

then you will realise you would have to be able to take accurate radiometric readings to provide an accurate report of the heat and radiation output of your target given an accurate as can be emmisivity figure of the region being studied so you really do need to be able to assess the differences in heat regions which the Tau 2 allows you to, but is more vague in the Vue cameras, and a lot of clients need accurate thermal data. Hopefully the rumours of this camera being based on the Tau 2 are correct. Also the higher res 640 will help the analysis of the region being studied

then you will realise you would have to be able to take accurate radiometric readings to provide an accurate report of the heat and radiation output of your target given an accurate as can be emmisivity figure of the region being studied so you really do need to be able to assess the differences in heat regions which the Tau 2 allows you to, but is more vague in the Vue cameras, and a lot of clients need accurate thermal data. Hopefully the rumours of this camera being based on the Tau 2 are correct. Also the higher res 640 will help the analysis of the region being studied

Sure, I see your point. If you need to be able to provide reports, then you need radiometric data. What I'm saying is that there are lots of uses for drone-based thermal cameras that don't entail reporting -- even predictive maintenance type applications. Solar panel inspection, for example, you can use these to quickly find the one or two panels with bad cells (among dozens) that could be inspected more accurately (at reduced range, minimizing atmospheric effects and controlling background radiation) from the ground. Same with roof inspections where a qualitative analysis can tell you if the structures need a more up-close-and-personal look. Not to mention applications like ag, livestock management, etc. See what I'm getting at?

And the Vue, Vue Pro, and XT are all based on Tau 2, but not all Taus are radiometric -- there are additional internal sensors required and calibrations done during manufacturing for radiometry.

Full disclosure: I work at FLIR.

I'm not on that project so I don't know much more than anyone else (the implementation is being done by DJI, not FLIR), but the XT systems I saw at IDE did have center spot measurements.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez