Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Thinking of joining the club

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am not currently an Inspire owner but am thinking of taking the plunge and wanted to try and get a consensus of people using them for semi/full professional usage.

I currently have a 3DR Solo and a DJI S900, neither of which are really hitting the mark for what I want. The 3DR is far to temperamental to rely on and the S900 is just not portable enough for many situations that I need it. What I'm after is something reliable, 'relatively' portable, and capable of high quality stills and video capture. So my questions are:

1. How pleased are people with their Inspires who are using them commercially?

2. How reliable are people finding them on the whole?

3. How is the quality of the X5 for commercial work (i.e. is 60mbps on 4K proving a bit limiting), and any one have much experience in comparing it against the GH4?

4. How are people finding the X5R, as I can't find that much solid review info with regards to quality and comparisons against the GH4?

5. Is the X5R worth the extra?

Many thanks in advance for any advice on this, as I'm having great trouble in deciding if the Inspire is the route to go down.

Dave.

1. I'm very pleased with my Inspire.Started with P2 and P3 as extra,but Inspire becomes first
2. Never had any problem with it.Only skipped the firmware upgrades after awhile
3. X3 and X5,there is a difference but not that much for quality
4.Can't answer
5.Depends on your wallet and wife:),but I think yes

I started with a Turbo Ace 830, Then the Turbo Ace Matrix. Finally they came out with a rig that camera settings could be done while in flight (x5). I have had mine just for 2 years and have some flights. As far as reliability I have had no issues. Firmware upgrades were a pain but got easier and better in some cases. The ability to set exposure, 360 around an object by programming, touchscreen operation, edit and upload photos and video, are just a few things that are a far cry from the days of set an exposure fly and hope you have it right. I have done some video and it has been good. I am not an expert on that. No issues in flight and did I mention camera adjustments while in flight...:)
I like it. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry