Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Third Controller Contection

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm doing a demo at a convention and was curious if you can connect a second 'slave' controller (third controller) so as to connect it to a big screen via HDMI cable, but still have the second controller to roam the crowd to demo the actual product while the pilot with the master is flying the aircraft safely away from the crowd. So to recap I would like 2 slave controllers operating at the same time. Is this possible with the Inspire 1.

Hi everybody,

I'm doing a demo at a convention and was curious if you can connect a second 'slave' controller (third controller) so as to connect it to a big screen via HDMI cable, but still have the second controller to roam the crowd to demo the actual product while the pilot with the master is flying the aircraft safely away from the crowd. So to recap I would like 2 slave controllers operating at the same time. Is this possible with the Inspire 1.
I'll save you the long technical explanation and give you the shortened version......
Nope. :p

I'll save you the long technical explanation and give you the shortened version......
Nope. :p

Your Answer is incorrect.

The Inspire 1 actually allows you to connect up to 6 Slave controllers so the OP can do exactly as he wants. Connect one of the slaves to an HDMI TV and the other slave can be used to roam the crowed.

The only restriction is that the slave controller needs to be at most 100 Meters from the master controller. If the slave controller ventures too far from the Master Controller he will loose sync and therefore loose the video feed from the drone (Yes I know the video feed comes directly from the drone to the slave, but you still need to keep in contact with the master remote or you will loose the video feed)

Here is a Copy / Paste directly from the user manual.

More than one remote controller can connect to the same aircraft in Dual Remote Controller mode. In
Dual Controllers mode, the “Master” remote controller operator controls the orientation of the aircraft, while
the “Slave” remote controller controls the movement of the gimbal and camera operation. When multiple
“slave” remote controllers (max of 6) are connect to the aircraft, only the first connected “slave” remote
controller is able to control the gimbal, the remaining “slave” remote controller can view the live feed video
from the aircraft and set the camera parameters, but they cannot control the gimbal

Your Answer is incorrect.

The Inspire 1 actually allows you to connect up to 6 Slave controllers so the OP can do exactly as he wants. Connect one of the slaves to an HDMI TV and the other slave can be used to roam the crowed.

The only restriction is that the slave controller needs to be at most 100 Meters from the master controller. If the slave controller ventures too far from the Master Controller he will loose sync and therefore loose the video feed from the drone (Yes I know the video feed comes directly from the drone to the slave, but you still need to keep in contact with the master remote or you will loose the video feed)

Here is a Copy / Paste directly from the user manual.

More than one remote controller can connect to the same aircraft in Dual Remote Controller mode. In
Dual Controllers mode, the “Master” remote controller operator controls the orientation of the aircraft, while
the “Slave” remote controller controls the movement of the gimbal and camera operation. When multiple
“slave” remote controllers (max of 6) are connect to the aircraft, only the first connected “slave” remote
controller is able to control the gimbal, the remaining “slave” remote controller can view the live feed video
from the aircraft and set the camera parameters, but they cannot control the gimbal
Boom! - I am shamed (and corrected) :(

I had totally forgotten that! My brain was in 'One controller controlling the gimbal' mode

Thanks for the correction. :)

Ough,your goes my trust in you.;);););););););););):)
Also it proves you're never too old to lurn(or fresh up your memory:D)
Yup - useless....I've forgotten everything about the Inspire now.:p
Now, I'm off to read the manual again. :confused:

This was exactly what I'm looking for thanks folks. I haven'y any of my gear near me at the moment but I presume it's the same process of pairing 2 handsets to pairing 6? That is my plan for clients monitors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84