Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

this so called fly away ?

I'm not sure, might have just been by accident.
It wasn't responding to anything I was doing, the altitude was incorrect, and it had severely violated the max distance in beginner mode.

Multi flight was no active and it was in beginner mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yah sorry for stepping all over your thread :). My data looks a lot different. As my flight does show her responding to my inputs as well as her own **** thoughts of how the flight should go. I did land at supposedly 10ft elevation. Any luck with DJI yet? I'm still gathering my thoughts and data. My hands have almost stopped shaking now :).

I always calibrated my compass and just about every other flight hit check IMU button, after attending the data X conference in Santa Cruz I asked the DJI reps there if just checking my mod values was acceptable to which they replied "yes". It was a very open place where I've flown a bunch of times and didn't feel the need to do the dance as my values were spot on. Every new batt I checked my sensors and all six times they were spot as stated.
Hey Eric!!
I guessing you might have had a bad compass calibration..
Ya I know I say this a lot but more than likely this is what happened..
I did see the news about the solar flare but I would think that would have effected all your flights that day not just the last one..
You've had way too many successful flights and you say you calibrate every other battery..
I suggest only calibrating your compass if you move to a new location or if you notice your instruments aren't reading correctly..
I personally refer to how my inspire fly's and not what the mod values are because I believe if you have a malfunction these numbers won't be accurate.. That's just me..
Turbo...

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
GPS reception was particulairy bad today. Even my car nav lost it this afternoon.
I'm not a fan of the compass dance and IMU cal every time. It has nothing to do with fly aways. Only with overall stability and nose direction.
Another reason for a fly away could be a bad battery cell or battery connection, causing the MC to reset.

Hey Eric!!
I guessing you might have had a bad compass calibration..
Ya I know I say this a lot but more than likely this is what happened..
I did see the news about the solar flare but I would think that would have effected all your flights that day not just the last one..
You've had way too many successful flights and you say you calibrate every other battery..
I suggest only calibrating your compass if you move to a new location or if you notice your instruments aren't reading correctly..
I personally refer to how my inspire fly's and not what the mod values are because I believe if you have a malfunction these numbers won't be accurate.. That's just me..
Turbo...
Thanks for the info. First 80 flights I would do the dance every time, every battery, then just the first flight of the day and or new location. The last couple of weeks I've been relying on my sensors mod values and was enjoying rock steady flights since .17 FW issues have been resolved. I had 0 issues with the last FW and until now the latest whatever .3 FW has been smooth as well. I've always used the pilot app as my checklist starting from upper right and working my way to the left.

GPS reception was particulairy bad today. Even my car nav lost it this afternoon.
I'm not a fan of the compass dance and IMU cal every time. It has nothing to do with fly aways. Only with overall stability and nose direction.
Another reason for a fly away could be a bad battery cell or battery connection, causing the MC to reset.
Yes compass can cause fltaways !!
I've had it happen!!
I challenge you do do a bad compass calibration and see what happens..
Try your rth and see if it fly's back to you or off in another direction...
Nose direction pointed incorrectly will make it fly that direction..

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
image.jpg
Wow I got your message Eric and I'll be sh*t'n bricks. One note thing to note and I am no expert at this but on this discussion I noticed about an hour to 2 hours ago the KP Index jumped from a 2 to a 4. I am not sure if this has any correlation to what happened to you but I just found it weird when it was that high quickly then back down to a 2 30 minutes ago.

I know the K-Index as I have an active app on my phone that gives me the current value.

Again it just be a coincidence but I find it weird for Eric drama happen when I noticed my K-Index happen.

Man sounds like both Eric and I spotted Bigfoot or something. Weird.
First thing I checked was the K index it was still in the green... I didn't look long as I've had plenty of smooth flights in the yellow. (4+???)

I was showing 14-16 satellites full bars all morning.

Could have pinged me today and flown with you. :)
Sorry man I checked if you were on and you weren't at the time. It would have been nice to have had yah there to witness it. The flight record shows all the thousands of inputs I gave her but it really just doesn't capture the oh poop factor! I took a video in MOV. I'm converting it now to upload it.

Touche' Turbo

AngryCat.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Every time I'd give zero input she'd go sideways. It really doesn't show how crazy she got.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont