Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

this so called fly away ?

Ya man ..
That's probably not a compass issue..
Would have flown like crap from the get go..
Thinking firmware maybe?? Or flight controller??
I knew a guy who this happened to ..well it was quadzilla (where's he at)
Think it was a firmware issue..
That's crazy to have it out that far and have it go nuts!!
I hope you're using a screen recording device or app???
Might shine some light onto what's going on..
Turbo...

Ya man ..
That's probably not a compass issue..
Would have flown like crap from the get go..
Thinking firmware maybe?? Or flight controller??
I knew a guy who this happened to ..well it was quadzilla (where's he at)
Think it was a firmware issue..
That's crazy to have it out that far and have it go nuts!!
I hope you're using a screen recording device or app???
Might shine some light onto what's going on..
Turbo...
I've been meaning to look into that. My few glances I took showed nothing out of the norm. All green GPS. Now I'm getting this;image.jpg

where do you usually fly at.
That was MT Umunhum. Safe due to lack of humans but lots of trees and places that might as well be over water as they're near impossible to retrieve. Want to meet at Guadalupe? I'll bring my trunks just in case.

I've been meaning to look into that. My few glances I took showed nothing out of the norm. All green GPS. Now I'm getting this;View attachment 1665
Ya Eric..
Call dji support b4 you fly again!!
It's risky business to fly again until you figure out what's causing this!!
You might want to ground yourself in the mean time..:(
Turbo....

That was MT Umunhum. Safe due to lack of humans but lots of trees and places that might as well be over water as they're near impossible to retrieve. Want to meet at Guadalupe? I'll bring my trunks just in case.

That is a no go Ghostrider. Guadelupe is a no fly zone. We can go to Campbell @ John h Morgan park. It is wide open space.

Reactions: sirnikolas
That is a no go Ghostrider. Guadelupe is a no fly zone. We can go to Campbell @ John h Morgan park. It is wide open space.
I've had Santa Clara county sheriffs drive over from the quicksilver trails over the **** just to tell me I'm cool to fly, and to have a safe flight! I replied I know, thanks. Water company guys too. Who says and why wouldn't it be ok? You are talking about Guadalupe reservoir right? Up Hicks road. That being said, Campbell sounds good to me. What time?

Reactions: Outta Control
Ya Eric..
Call dji support b4 you fly again!!
It's risky business to fly again until you figure out what's causing this!!
You might want to ground yourself in the mean time..:(
Turbo....
I wiped her and reloaded everything, emptied her logs and everything looks peachy... I'm still calling and will send her data off for review. Until then I'll slowly rebuild trust with my Bella and hope for the best.

I've had Santa Clara county sheriffs drive over from the quicksilver trails over the **** just to tell me I'm cool to fly, and to have a safe flight! I replied I know, thanks. Water company guys too. Who says and why wouldn't it be ok? You are talking about Guadalupe reservoir right? Up Hicks road. That being said, Campbell sounds good to me. What time?

Let's do it!

Gimme GPS coordinates err... address. :)

Update: I see what you mean. I thought you meant Guadalupe Trail park in downtown but you meant the reservoir. What time.

Last edited:
Eric and all, just for the record, I had the same thing happen to me on a flight last Sunday.
Inspire_20150510_screenshot.jpg
Was not the first flight of the day, nor the last. Flew as expected again after battery change and compass calibration. I can relate to the 'confidence shaken' bit.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Eric and all, just for the record, I had the same thing happen to me on a flight last Sunday.
View attachment 1671
Was not the first flight of the day, nor the last. Flew as expected again after battery change and compass calibration. I can relate to the 'confidence shaken' bit.
Hey Abe!!
Welcome to the forum!!
What do you think caused this behavior??
Turbo..,,

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
View attachment 1671
Yah??? Each batt updated recently and I had all the right beeps :). So have you tried that battery again? In addition to my lovely day my original battery (Labeled #1) had the fairly known 1 or 2 LEDs only charging issues. Multiple chargers same issue... I turn it on removed from my inspire and I let her drop to below 10. It seemed to work. Anyhow, I think I've actually been through Oookamp. I drove to Brussels from England and needed a break :) beautiful coast line. I was at the airbas in Florennes for a month or so. Getting back to trusting my Bella in the morning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool