Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Time to Buy an Inspire 1?

Reaction score
I own a bunch of multis, including a P4 and a Typhoon H. I'm strictly a hobbiest but I've been into RC and rotary winged aircraft for 25 years and a FS IR-rated pilot for 30.

All that to say this...

I've been watching the steady decline in price of new Inspire 1 v2's and I'm thinking, "****. There's some really great deals out there for essentially a pro-level 600 size quad."

There seems to be very limited speculation as to what the Inspire 2 (or whatever it ends up being called) will offer. That's really surprising given how close we supposedly are to its imminent release. As far as better multi-operator controls and Lightbridge 2, while they are certainly nice options if you need them; they really bring nothing significant to the table for an operator like me, especially when the 2 will most certainly rise back to, if not above, Inspire 1 initial pricing.

I'm ready to buy the ultimate multi under $2k. What I'm asking you guys is the Inspire 1 v2 it? Is this my window of opportunity or should I wait and why?

Thanks!

An added wrinkle for anyone that responds.

It has become pretty common to see an Osmo handle and batt thrown into these bundles. I've been drooling over an Osmo since the first time I ever saw one. Buy an Inspire. Get an Osmo. Likely buy an Osmo (at $550) anyway. That's like a $500 discount on the Inspire, right? :D

Sitting on the fence does not give grins. The Inspire 1 is the best performing/flying quad, bar none. If price is what drives you (apparently is) go now for the best deal you can get.
From the first lift off, you will bank some grins that will make you wonder why you have all that fence stuff on your ***.

I own a bunch of multis, including a P4 and a Typhoon H. I'm strictly a hobbiest but I've been into RC and rotary winged aircraft for 25 years and a FS IR-rated pilot for 30.

All that to say this...

I've been watching the steady decline in price of new Inspire 1 v2's and I'm thinking, "****. There's some really great deals out there for essentially a pro-level 600 size quad."

There seems to be very limited speculation as to what the Inspire 2 (or whatever it ends up being called) will offer. That's really surprising given how close we supposedly are to its imminent release. As far as better multi-operator controls and Lightbridge 2, while they are certainly nice options if you need them; they really bring nothing significant to the table for an operator like me, especially when the 2 will most certainly rise back to, if not above, Inspire 1 initial pricing.

I'm ready to buy the ultimate multi under $2k. What I'm asking you guys is the Inspire 1 v2 it? Is this my window of opportunity or should I wait and why?

Thanks!
I think it's a good time to buy if price is your main concern. That said, price will only get better over time. The Inspire 1 will be around for a while, especially now that they have a dedicated zoom camera for it and as the "Inspire 2" approaches that price will drop even more. Look at what a Phantom 3 Pro runs for now. Even if you were shooting commercially the current versions are acceptable for all but the most technical of shots.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
An added wrinkle for anyone that responds.

It has become pretty common to see an Osmo handle and batt thrown into these bundles. I've been drooling over an Osmo since the first time I ever saw one. Buy an Inspire. Get an Osmo. Likely buy an Osmo (at $550) anyway. That's like a $500 discount on the Inspire, right? :D

I bought the OSMO handle to use with my Inspire camera + all the extras & was a waste of money for me. But maybe for someone that can find its limited use range doable..... To much of a PITA to use....

Reactions: John Archer
Speculation on the Inspire 2 does no one any good. It will get here when it gets here and from the looks of things DJI doesn't do much build up, especially if it's going to be a run off of what the Inspire 1 currently is. I will assume what you'll find on the "Inspire 2", obstacle avoidance, and what else????? On the same frame.

The OSMO works well for people who intend to use it for what it was built for. Not sure what people thought the OSMO to be, I find it to do exactly what the adverts says it will do and not anything more. If I get more use out of it than what is described, I call that a plus!

I spend a lot of time in theme parks where I think that an Osmo would be amazing. Starting to look like it's time to pull the trigger.

I spend a lot of time in theme parks where I think that an Osmo would be amazing. Starting to look like it's time to pull the trigger.

I think it's great if you're not a rider. Most parks wouldn't allow you take that on any ride because you can't lock it down. I just picked up a Hero Session for when I go to theme parks. I used it last weekend when we went carting and it worked great. I will be putting it through it's paces this weekend at Six Flags Great Adventure. It's small enough to stick in your pocket and pull it once once you get locked in your seat (with a wrist strap of course).

Go for it. you could be waiting for the next "bus" for ages, and when it turns up, its more expensive than you though, and actually, no matter how nice the seats are, it's still a bus!
Great deals at the moment here :Capture The Summertime | DJI Store
Ive just ordered and got the Osmo bundle with 3 batteries & X5 adapter.
As for new kit coming out? Maybe, and then you have the year of teething problems, firmware etc, etc.
DJI just sent me this 5% off giftcard for the Phantom 4, don't think thats due for an upgrade yet, just think they need to start to sell some units, at some point I'm sure investors want to start seeing some return on the investment ;)
http://ikopta.co.uk/2016/07/gift ... phantom-4-uavdrone/

You said you have the Typhoon H? I have the Inspire 1 V2.0 and the Typhoon H. I like the Typhoon H better than the Inspire 1. Problems with video transmission on 2 of my DJI products including my Inspire 1. Firmware updates one right after another with my DJI products. Update the firmware and then you have additional problems. Crazy! What is it that you don't like about the Typhoon H? What is it that you would like out of the Inspire 1 that the Typhoon H doesn't do?

Thanks!

My situation is similar to yours but without your extensive experience. I bought an Inspire 1 V2 + 3 extra batteries and a hard case 3 days ago ! Just do it ! :)

Just wanted everyone here to know I pulled the trigger today. I Was offered a great deal by a forum member (very well known in the RC community) and I took the deal.

Welcome me to the Inspire world! Can't wait!

Now... Anybody want a really good deal on a P3P with three batteries and a DJI hard case that has basically never been flown but about 5 times? LOL

Reactions: Yiannis.B
Just wanted everyone here to know I pulled the trigger today. I Was offered a great deal by a forum member (very well known in the RC community) and I took the deal.

Welcome me to the Inspire world! Can't wait!

Now... Anybody want a really good deal on a P3P with three batteries and a DJI hard case that has basically never been flown but about 5 times? LOL
Good choice

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop