Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tired of retracting those legs?

Same motor.
So, it's possible to replace the 3510s with E800? Is it difficult? Are there instruction listed anywhere? Thanks!

Sorry to jack your thread Gogowanda ....I like your case! Will it have wheels and an extended handle (for travel)?

As he said, the motors in the E800 "set" are the same 3510s that are on the Inspire.

LOL, They're the same.. Only need an adaptor to run the quick release props.
Thanks for being patient with me....So, I understand the 3510s are the same as the E800. The only difference is the model number has changed?
Is the adapter available? From the DJI store? I understand you can't buy the E800 Props individually, but you can buy a set of E800 motors (4 or 6) that come with props. Just trying to figure out my options :~)

E800 is the name of the full set, motors ESCs and props meant for use on custom builds.
Prop adapters and props will be available, they just aren't yet. Your option is to wait.

Reactions: gray52
Thanks for being patient with me....So, I understand the 3510s are the same as the E800. The only difference is the model number has changed?
Is the adapter available? From the DJI store? I understand you can't buy the E800 Props individually, but you can buy a set of E800 motors (4 or 6) that come with props. Just trying to figure out my options :~)

Just use the supplied prop locks if you are concerned. They work just fine.

Just use the supplied prop locks if you are concerned. They work just fine.

Thanks Ed, Kilrah,
I'm not concerned about current props, I have a set of prop locks, but rarely use them. Only when doing extreme flying or when windy and gusty.
I'd like to have a set of back-up motors and props. If the E800 (set) is available with props, would it be foolish to change out my old motors? What's involved? Easy change-out? Thanks again...

would it be foolish to change out my old motors?
I would say yes, as you'd straight away void your warranty for absolutely nothing.

Removing the prop adapters from the new motors and mounting them on the Inspire would make a lot more sense.

I was told that even replacing with an Inspire/E800 motor that they have to be balanced upon replacement. I thought that you all should know.

So, it's possible to replace the 3510s with E800? Is it difficult? Are there instruction listed anywhere? Thanks!

Sorry to jack your thread Gogowanda ....I like your case! Will it have wheels and an extended handle (for travel)?

totally cool man, we were just discussing quick release props back at work on Friday. we are professional carbon fiber motorcycle parts makers, so making these props are fairly easy. but I have to make it better, right? and i think we've found a way....to quick release it! but honestly, these screw ons don't bother me really.

to answer your question. this one shown here will be a backpack. it's designed for mobility. we will, however, make a hardcase with carbon/kevlar shell on rolled wheels and handles. you see the arch at the bottom. it's there so the handle can tuck itself in there and leaving the outer shell perfectly smooth.

i will build a special edition with tweed covers, leather corners and speedmaster emblem. i'm a big peavey fan. if i can get it modeled somewhere in this crazy season i will post it up here. may start a kickstarter campaign. hey I want your money for sure, haha

Thanks Guys, I'll stick with original motors - Truth be told; I like the yellow tips on the new props. When the adapters and props come available, I'm all over it!...And oh, I will buy a back-up motor, in case there's another infamous DJI shortage ;~)

Ggogwanda, I have a feeling you'll get my money. A backpack case is a must for a photographic tool like this! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Can't wait for a case like this to hit the market. Definitely want one which I can transport complete. Props & camera.

The inspie is not even shown going into the pack. It is showing that you can strap it to the front of the pack with that built in flap. I would not use it to carry around in but to hike with or something, it could work to carry it. Definitely no protection though.

The inspie is not even shown going into the pack. It is showing that you can strap it to the front of the pack with that built in flap. I would not use it to carry around in but to hike with or something, it could work to carry it. Definitely no protection though.
Agreed buyer beware

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar