Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tired of waiting for the X5 adapter? My $2 DIY working solution

Reaction score
I was fed up waiting too and had to work with the thing.
But I found a $2 fully working solution for dummies:
I bought 4 M2.5 screws (10 mm long) and 2 nuts per screw as standoffs (= spacers).
I drilled the thread of the nuts so they are just like thick washers.
I replaced the 4 original screws of the gimbal's head with the M2.5 screws with the nuts between the gimbal and the little removable unscrewed round plate (on the pictures you can see I added a regular washer but it's not really necessary).
It gives me enough space to lock the X5 on the Osmo without messing with the joystick.
For about $2 I have a fully working solution that doesn't void the warranty.
Worked like a charm so far.
I've even put a 3mm washer between the Inspire 1 X5 plate and the little camera back support so I can mount the X5 on the UAV without having to put back the original screws.

Hope this can help some people…

OSMO_X5_01.JPGOSMO_X5_02.JPG OSMO_X5_03.JPG OSMO_X5_04.JPG OSMO_X5_05.JPG OSMO_X5_06.JPG

Reactions: SanCap
I did the same and it's working grate :) also you can use computer motherboard posts with M2.5 instead of bolts.

DJI Oficial Adapter is on back order till end of May :(

Thanks for the inspiration, I too got tired of waiting for the DJI adapter also. I added some shims using some old phantom motor bearings added to the gimbal mount. I also answered my question from my previous post. If you shim the gimbal mount you will also have to shim the alignment tab on the copter to gimbal mount so the the 2 tabs line up properly. I think you can see what I am talking about in the attached photos.

adapter.jpg adapter1.jpg

adapter2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gruvpix
Does that mod affect how the X5 works on the Inspire 1?
No, it doesn't affect the Inspire 1's behaviour as far as you compensate the gap on the X5 UAV's support as I have indicated in my original post - but I've just noticed you found the answer yourself, SanCap! (I've been looking for these M2.5 motherboard's standoffs myself but couldn't find any).
For everybody else: simple washer (around 3mm thick) should be enough.
I can use the X5 on the Osmo and then put it back on the Inspire 1 in a snap, without tools.
I also must say that the inspiration for this solution came from a korean video I found on youtube

Last edited:
Reactions: SanCap
No, it doesn't affect the Inspire 1's behaviour as far as you compensate the gap on the X5 UAV's support as I have indicated in my original post - but I've just noticed you found the answer yourself, SanCap! (I've been looking for these M2.5 motherboard's standoffs myself but couldn't find any).
For everybody else: simple washer (around 3mm thick) should be enough.
I can use the X5 on the Osmo and then put it back on the Inspire 1 in a snap, without tools.
I also must say that the inspiration for this solution came from a korean video I found on youtube

Thanks for that, I just wanted to make the rear support a bit clearer. I had an Osmo X5 adapter on order and just cancelled it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters