Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Toilet bowling, then slow flyaway.

LOL.. One year ago. But I still calibrate the compass and have not had any problems.

I forgot, got my second fly away (first with the Inspire 1) a couple of days ago. And that was when I for once, not had time to calibrate..... :D
Remembered threads here and how it was recommended that you should not calibrate. So when I had a stressful job, I thought that it will go well ..
It went well anyway, when I gained control again with the ATTI-mode, so no damage or anything.
If you HAVE to calibrate every single time it is worth while to check the environment you store or transport your I1 in.

LOL!!! OOPS...Didn't notice your post was that old........I will check better next times (I hope)
I would be alarmed if I would have to calibrate every time and would not rest until I found the reason. Like I mentioned before, if you happen to have a heavy subwoofer or amplifier in the back of your car, your compass will be effected. Sometimes even a calibration won't help and you even have to degauss the compass with a magnet.

But NORMALLY the compass should remain calibrated between flights, unless you travel hundreds of miles and compass deviation is becoming a factor.

Last edited:
If you HAVE to calibrate every single time it is worth while to check the environment you store or transport your I1 in.

LOL!!! OOPS...Didn't notice your post was that old........I will check better next times (I hope)
I would be alarmed if I would have to calibrate every time and would not rest until I found the reason. Like I mentioned before, if you happen to have a heavy subwoofer or amplifier in the back of your car, your compass will be effected. Sometimes even a calibration won't help and you even have to degauss the compass with a magnet.

But NORMALLY the compass should remain calibrated between flights, unless you travel hundreds of miles and compass deviation is becoming a factor.

I store my drone i a big Pelican-case, in the trunk of my Volvo XC70.
That time I had traveled around 120km north, from previous flight.

I store my drone i a big Pelican-case, in the trunk of my Volvo XC70.
That time I had traveled around 120km north, from previous flight.
OK, 120km would be a distance that I would consider calibration, but only after carefully checking in hover flight first. Which is my standard procedure every flight anyhow. Normally it doesn't need it, even though GO says so, almost every time I fire it up.

Nice wheels!
I had some issues after transporting my birds in the trunk of my Audi. In the back of my old Landrover Defender no issues at all. Only thing electric there are the rear windscreen wiper and heater. And the body is all aluminium, which is also kind to compasses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin