Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TOP 10 common pilot errors

Please can we not let this thread decend into another "Pulling left stick down can/can't stop the motors in flight" or "CSC is dangerous and is the invention of the devil" type thread - there have been too many already.

I can categorically say:
  • CSC in flight WILL shut down the motors.
  • It is there for safety reasons
  • It will NOT be changed/switched off
  • Holding left stick only fully down in flight WILL NOT turn off the motors since the barometer is still sending changing data values and the flight controller knows the aircraft is defending.

Reactions: Hercules_One
Even still it takes a few seconds to activate so if you somehow do manage to accidentally press that stick combination you should have time to change stick position before it activates anyway if you know whats going on.
CSC stop is instantly, beware. No time to rethink.
Left stick down on ground level has 2-3 sec delay before shut down.

CSC stop is instantly, beware. No time to rethink.
Left stick down on ground level has 2-3 sec delay before shut down.
fair enough, honestly never tried it in the air with the motors running, but it takes a couple seconds to start the motors when on the ground when taking off so i just assumed it would take a couple to shut them off as well, however you know what they say about making assumptions, lol

Reactions: lake_flyer
As a new Inspire pilot (already crashed) Thanks for the insight, but can someone explain what "CSC in the mid-air (Combination Stick Command"? Does this relate to dual controllers or just single controller? What mode is this in reference P, A, or F? Thanks for any reply...

As a new Inspire pilot (already crashed) Thanks for the insight, but can someone explain what "CSC in the mid-air (Combination Stick Command"? Does this relate to dual controllers or just single controller? What mode is this in reference P, A, or F? Thanks for any reply...
There are lots of useful things in the manual
Like this:
i-rHCpFf5-XL.jpg

Its there in the event that if you were to experience a imu failure you can shut down very quickly to avoid accidents.

Hi Meta4, Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I did read that in the manual, just never seen anyone refer to it that way in a crash.
Still learning all the lingo/abbreviations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah