Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Total flight time on a used Inspire?

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Help' started by AmosMoses, Aug 4, 2015.

1. AmosMoses

Hey all. Quick question that I cant seem to find the answer for.

Is there any way to find the total flight time that the I1 has on it? I see that it's recommended to maintenance at about 150 hrs and I would like to know the total hours since the bird was purchased used.
    Thanks!

2. lrwskyfilms

Hi, in the App - user centre - flight record, will give you an answer, how accurate depends if any flights have been deleted. Also DJI might have a record.

150? I thought is was 50hrs, but I could be wrong.

3. AmosMoses

Still learning myself. From what I have been able to find it's 50 flights?

Best I can figure the app only shows flights since I've owned it. I'm looking for a total from the time it was first purchased by the previous owner/owners.

Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

4. lrwskyfilms

OK, maybe DJI have the data, ask them on live chat.

AmosMoses likes this.
  5. AmosMoses

I'll give that a try I guess. It would make sense that it keeps a lifetime log somewhere in the bird. Just need to know where to find it I guess.

Looks like I need to do a bit more digging on the time for the suggested maintenance too.

I just checked the app and it shows only my flights along with my P3 flights. Just what has been logged to my account.

6. SultanGris

unlikely if the previous owner cant tell you, flight records is a pretty buggy feature. ive had mine for 8 months and over half my records are gone. For some reason i have two screens of records, one under my username and one under my aircraft name but the totals dont match. Some flights are on both pages and some arent. No one seems to know where they go when you sync them either, the app is the only place where you can view them.

7. m00se

I have seen my total flight time somewhere, and it was the app, that showed far less than the total.
    I think that it must have been when downloading the logs from inside the I1 then there was a website that decoded them,,, it must have been an entry in the excel file it created or something like that,

8. AmosMoses

This is what I'm trying to find. There has to be a complete flight log that stays with the bird. Maybe something that a tec would use? The app is just logging my flight time and since I have no idea who the previous owner was because I bought it from B&H that's not an option.
    Thanks for the lead of where to look.

9. Marius Cronje

Hi there all fellow Inspire 1 owners.
    My name is Marius from South-Africa.
    I have been trying to do a search on finding out the total flying time/operating time on an Inspire 1. I am also in the process of buying a second hand Inspire 1 and need to know what the total flight/ operating time of the craft itself is.

Has anyone been successful in obtaining this info?

10. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

There is no user accessible hours meter on the Inspire and has been mentioned previously the flight log feature is a gimmick and totally unreliable.
    Any sensible UAV operator will keep a logbook though of cumulative hours flown. Did the previous owner keep one?

11. Marius Cronje

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately the previous owner used the Inspire for hobby purposes and therefore did not keep a proper logbook of the hours used.

Anyway as you have mentioned if there is no means of knowing the exact hours used then I will have to go by what I can see physically on the unit as some sort of guide as to what I will offer him.

Once again thank you for the reply.

12. seanmclean

I'm a pretty sensible UAV operator, and keeping a logbook had zero purpose until I was required to under commercial rules. I still find it fairly useless, especially with minimal things that are user-serviceable, and no manufacturer-defined service intervals.

SultanGris likes this.
  13. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

I guess it's different disciplines - I have kept a flight log (and maintenance logs) on all my aircraft since I started flying collective pitch helicopters. It's a very easy way to check how many hours are on certain parts. I have always changed bearings and other parts out after so many hours.
    Once I obtained PFAW the logbook part made no difference to me since I had been doing it for years. :)