Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Trackers

I'm about to get the RF-V16 tracker, but I can't seem to find out what kind of SIM card it uses, to see if there are any compatibility issues. Does anyone know what kind of SIM it takes?

I'm in Canada, so I need to see if I can get a pay-as-you-go plan/sim for it.
The rf-v16 uses a micro sim card.. I have some instructions I can e mail you .. I'm not sure how to pm here but you can e me at phantompilots.com or rcgoups.com. .turbo..

I got the Marco Polo on Friday and this weekend I was at an FPV meet in Central Florida. It rained all weekend so there was a lot of drinking going on. We put the tag in a ziplock and one person would go hide it and when he came back one we would take turns using the locator to see if we could find it. Worked every time even when the operator was not remotely sober. Once it was even inside of somebody's camper. I hope I never need it for the inspire but it's nice to know it works so well!

i purchased marco polo and drone mods and they are on their way in the mail. its just feels saver and some kind of insurance to protect against flyaways.
Good choice in trackers. .check out the mount blade strike made under 3d printed or something. .maybe he will make you one ..
also don't forget to use a screen recoding app like Mobizen! !
Happy flying turbo. .

20150305_102741_resized.jpg
Got my Trackimo yesterday. Tested it. Works great. Weighs nothing. Awesome Android app (can't test iOS). Web interface is awesome. Can send SMS alerts or email with MANY options. $130 for unit plus 1 yr of service. After that it's $5 a month for service. RAD.
No wacky fly-away or strange mishap will have me losing my bird. So relieved.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
View attachment 693
Got my Trackimo yesterday. Tested it. Works great. Weighs nothing. Awesome Android app (can't test iOS). Web interface is awesome. Can send SMS alerts or email with MANY options. $130 for unit plus 1 yr of service. After that it's $5 a month for service. RAD.

You would want to point the trackimo so its point to the sky, for it's internal GPS to work best.

View attachment 693
No wacky fly-away or strange mishap will have me losing my bird. ESo relieved.
Nice choice in trackers. .Im not sure if it's a good place to mount it though. .there's a small amount of magnetic pull between the tracker battery and the inspire battery that could possibly cause unwanted interference. ..
maybe blade strike would know more..
turbo. .

I got the Marco Polo on Friday and this weekend I was at an FPV meet in Central Florida. It rained all weekend so there was a lot of drinking going on. We put the tag in a ziplock and one person would go hide it and when he came back one we would take turns using the locator to see if we could find it. Worked every time even when the operator was not remotely sober. Once it was even inside of somebody's camper. I hope I never need it for the inspire but it's nice to know it works so well!

Your post carries little weight unless you state the kinds of range that were involved in your drunken experiment. For example, if somebody were hiding the locator tag only 300 ft. max then l'm not terribly impressed. Remember, a Phantom or Inspire that suddenly flies away or goes down can be miles from you. Having a Marco Polo that only works out to 300-500 ft. isnt really going to help anyone located a lost bird.

View attachment 693

why did you decide to mount behind the battery and not underneath?

that would be worse than on the back of the better. This is a gps unit. It needs unobstructed view of the sky to have best performance.

if the inspire fly's away and crashes, the chances it will land up-right on its feet maybe slim, so line of site to the sky may not matter at that point in time, but I figured a better center of gravity would have been beneficial for the craft under the battery . . . . I have a trackimo that I still havn't mounted that's why I'm inquiring . . .

if the inspire fly's away and crashes, the chances it will land up-right on its feet maybe slim, so line of site to the sky may not matter at that point in time, but I figured a better center of gravity would have been beneficial for the craft under the battery . . . . I have a trackimo that I still havn't mounted that's why I'm inquiring . . .
To get the most accurate update before it crashes is the reason why.

The weight of the trackimo is nothing for the inspire, you shouldn't worry about cg.

To get the most accurate update before it crashes is the reason why.

The weight of the trackimo is nothing for the inspire, you shouldn't worry about cg.

thanks for your reply, please don't take my comments as arguments, I'm only inquiring to find that best solution. You are correct that you would probably get a better reading with an unobstructed view while its flying . . . But the Trakimo can only update every 60 seconds . . . so more than likely the chances up of it updating just before it crashes is unlikely . . . .

thanks for your reply, please don't take my comments as arguments, I'm only inquiring to find that best solution. You are correct that you would probably get a better reading with an unobstructed view while its flying . . . But the Trakimo can only update every 60 seconds . . . so more than likely the chances up of it updating just before it crashes is unlikely . . . .
I don't think it matters much where you mount it as long as it doesn't break apart after a crash ( have had this happen ) then It will update or you can call it to retrieve its cordinants ..
Oh ..and if you're not using a screen recoding app like Mobizen I suggest you get one in case of a malfunction or whatever. .
turbo

Your post carries little weight unless you state the kinds of range that were involved in your drunken experiment. For example, if somebody were hiding the locator tag only 300 ft. max then l'm not terribly impressed. Remember, a Phantom or Inspire that suddenly flies away or goes down can be miles from you. Having a Marco Polo that only works out to 300-500 ft. isnt really going to help anyone located a lost bird.
Touché sir. The distance at the most was 800'. I'll have to give it a test this weekend to see what kind of max range I can get on it.

I've used my trackimo for 7 flights now, and see no difference in *anything*. As far as where I mounted it (shown above)--I felt it was the flattest surface for the velcro. And as far as the comments about it working best facing upwards--I guess I just have to shrug. It comes with a magnet option for mounting perhaps under a car--definitely not facing upwards there...or on a pet--obviously no way to control how it would stay put--or in a kids backpack---or a million other applications. I really think it will work just fine no matter how it's stuck on. I tested it in our car--in the glovebox. Using the web interface, and the Android app I could see exactly where my wife was. I called her: "you're in the Target parking lot--you parked near the front entrance.". She said yep.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavitrakher1