Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Trackimo for drones

Reaction score
Who uses the unit that is specified for drone use and how well does it track and the range in distance it tracks?
In speaking to the Trackimo chat people they tried to steer me to the tracker that is 3G rather than the drone specific version. The difference in price is $50 and does not come with any attachment accessories.

Input valued and needed by anyone that uses either model of Trackimo.

Who uses the unit that is specified for drone use and how well does it track and the range in distance it tracks?
In speaking to the Trackimo chat people they tried to steer me to the tracker that is 3G rather than the drone specific version. The difference in price is $50 and does not come with any attachment accessories.

Input valued and needed by anyone that uses either model of Trackimo.
There are many threads already regarding Trackimo and other tracking devices.....
Does anyone use a Trackimo GPS tracker?
Trackimo placement
Tracking Device for Inspire 1
RC Tracker

one of the 3G trackimo user here, been using it around 2months now but still works great..very accurate in terms of tracking.

I have mine now and have had it for a few months. The system like you stated a4tech is great and works and should allow one to find the UAV if you have a flyaway.....or at least one hopes. My complaint after dealing with an initial out of the box issue is the CS @ Trackimo quite literally sucks! But thank goodness I was able to fix the issue on my own.

That said, don't expect much from their CS or their witchcraft suggestions for a remedy if you experience a failure to power on like I did. It was rather comical their reply to which mine was.......well, you guys suck at CS....LOL!

But in the end, I would not necessarily say stay away from them. Maybe it is growing pains to a degree or I just got the two worst CS people on the face of the earth that wanted me to hot jump batteries with paperclips like McGuyver and risk a battery explosion or other issue rather than send me a replacement $2 probable battery for them to make!

But yes, works like a charm within several meters from what I can tell.

I have mine now and have had it for a few months. The system like you stated a4tech is great and works and should allow one to find the UAV if you have a flyaway.....or at least one hopes. My complaint after dealing with an initial out of the box issue is the CS @ Trackimo quite literally sucks! But thank goodness I was able to fix the issue on my own.

That said, don't expect much from their CS or their witchcraft suggestions for a remedy if you experience a failure to power on like I did. It was rather comical their reply to which mine was.......well, you guys suck at CS....LOL!

But in the end, I would not necessarily say stay away from them. Maybe it is growing pains to a degree or I just got the two worst CS people on the face of the earth that wanted me to hot jump batteries with paperclips like McGuyver and risk a battery explosion or other issue rather than send me a replacement $2 probable battery for them to make!

But yes, works like a charm within several meters from what I can tell.

i have same experience with you in terms of their CS.

Reactions: TRADSLLC
I have this kind of unit for about 1 month and so far I haven't encountered any issues. I can track my drone pretty well and the GPS tracking is pretty quite accurate. Umm never encountered customer service because I don't interact often with them I usually fix everything on my own.

I have this kind of unit for about 1 month and so far I haven't encountered any issues. I can track my drone pretty well and the GPS tracking is pretty quite accurate. Umm never encountered customer service because I don't interact often with them I usually fix everything on my own.

We use this for rogue retrieval only in my company. If a bird goes rogue, we hope it will get us near to locate and retrieve. So far, not needed officially but it does go up every flight and on every bird!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen