Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Trackimo placement

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've been reading many threads about where to place the Trackimo on the I1, and I'm still not sure about where mine's going :)

Using heavy duty «velcro» similar to 3M Dual lock, I've tried out a placement above the «usual» place on the tail of the AC.
207d525807721a13076c68fa82379ace.jpg

8ecaf4f318fa0e2c0b1c80ac1531df0c.jpg

I have still not flown it, mostly due to bad weather, so I have absolutely no firsthand experience yet, but I'd still like to know what you others think about the solution.

--
-Tom

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Just sold my I1 and kept my Trackimo to use on the I2. It looks like the best place to install it is on the flat surface on the bottom between the sensors and the gimbal. Otherwise I can add velcro to one of the paired batteries and swap out the Trackimo when I swap the batteries. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

I see that thinginverse.com has quite a few nifty mounting solutions for both the Trackimo and other GPS trackers. Maybe it's time to consider buying a 3D printer? :)

I just picked one up for Christmas, I'm on Thingiverse all the time..! I'll check it out, thanks!

From a pilot that does not often fly out of LOS.. may I ask the honest opinion of the other fliers here.. Are the Trackimo's or eq.. really that necessary? This is an honest inquiry. Wondering if I need to rethink the need to purchase.

Flyaways are so rare now you probably don't need one. I had a flyaway couple years ago, was los until it took off, and after that I purchased a Trackimo, for peace of mind. I've had several hundred flights since then and no flyaways. But I also use the Trackimo to keep up with grandson in large crowds, place in golf bag to track shipment by airline, etc.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

From a pilot that does not often fly out of LOS.. may I ask the honest opinion of the other fliers here.. Are the Trackimo's or eq.. really that necessary? This is an honest inquiry. Wondering if I need to rethink the need to purchase.

I guess it's a 'peace of mind' thing. I've never had a flyaway, but that still doesn't account for pilot errors.
If anything should happen to my Inspire, I'd sure want to find it after the fact.
But of course, that's me :)

just got my Trackimo's 3G device but i'am still looking for a good mount for it to my DJI P4. any suggestion for one that which it will not affect on my drones flight?

Hi all!

I've been reading many threads about where to place the Trackimo on the I1, and I'm still not sure about where mine's going :)

Using heavy duty «velcro» similar to 3M Dual lock, I've tried out a placement above the «usual» place on the tail of the AC.
207d525807721a13076c68fa82379ace.jpg

8ecaf4f318fa0e2c0b1c80ac1531df0c.jpg

I have still not flown it, mostly due to bad weather, so I have absolutely no firsthand experience yet, but I'd still like to know what you others think about the solution.

--
-Tom

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots
Velcro it anywhere. No effect on electronics.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell