Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tracktenna Compatability

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Does anyone know if this Tracktenna will be compatible with the stock Inspire 2 controller or do we need to get the new Cendence device which would be less desirable as I just received my second controller.
And info would be great.

Reactions: oblivie
Well that kinda goes inline with everything else they design.
The lack of backward compatibility is what angers many.
So tell me, can I program the second controller buttons independently or only as per programmed by DJI.

Reactions: Ftolino
Well that kinda goes inline with everything else they design.
The lack of backward compatibility is what angers many.
So tell me, can I program the second controller buttons independently or only as per programmed by DJI.

I am assuming you are referring to your C1 and C2 buttons on the rear of the controller, correct? Those buttons can be changed. Please reference this video:

On your second controller you can also choose how to interact with left or right sticks for gimbal movement.

Does the new cendence remote come with standard SMA-connectors for antennas?

Does the new cendence remote come with standard SMA-connectors for antennas?

I am about 75% positive that it does come with standard SMA connectors. I did not check this on the display unit at NAB (left this afternoon).

I do know that the Tracktenna has an SMA port out and my assumption would be that it would be SMA on the Tracktennas and SMA on the Cendence. I will have to come back to the thread with a definite answer on this.

Reactions: Thatius Dudeson
I wonder if that's the only thing holding back connecting the stock controller. It would be a simple mod to add SMA connectors.

I was actually referring to the rotary buttons on top of the controller.
I was hoping to assign 1 side to ISO or Shutter and the other side to Aperture or even Exposure Value, but I found there is no way to do that with current software. Hopefully they'll read this and do an update for such function.

Looking at videos and it seems more like old BNC-type connector on the remote.

More of a gimmick to get you to blow another 3 grand because nothing would be compatible. How fortunate for dji

Unfortunately not. The stock controller's antennas are not detachable to connect to the Tracktenna.

DJI Tracktenna is fully compatibility with only the Cendence Remote Controller running with Inspire 2 and Matrice 200 series aircraft. Not compatible with third party radios either.

I would say that it is compatible if you mod your RC with SMA connectors.

I am about 75% positive that it does come with standard SMA connectors. I did not check this on the display unit at NAB (left this afternoon).

I do know that the Tracktenna has an SMA port out and my assumption would be that it would be SMA on the Tracktennas and SMA on the Cendence. I will have to come back to the thread with a definite answer on this.
That's correct. You can change anyway to other connectors...

Reactions: Advexure
Unfortunately not. The stock controller's antennas are not detachable to connect to the Tracktenna.

DJI Tracktenna is fully compatibility with only the Cendence Remote Controller running with Inspire 2 and Matrice 200 series aircraft. Not compatible with third party radios either.
I assume that tracktenna reads NMEA (and other ) data from dji's own protocol as well as ambience parameters and its own position. I guess you are right about 3rd party RCs and dji RCs with different ligbridge.

I've just read the spec for the I2 (duh) and read that it's an enhanced version of Lightbridge. So am I correct in saying that it's not even LB2?

So when does this tracktenna become available? Anyone know any price points?

It seems the final version isn't ready yet.. and this is good so because the version that was presented is not as mature as it looks on the pictures. As example you would exoect from an antenna tracking system flexibility for antennas. The current version uses antennas that are not very directional. Most people however that want to use an antenna tracker want to limit the angles down to a maybe 18-24dbi antenna. Also I wonder how the 5.8Ghz band is involved. This frequency is not suitable for high penetration or/and long range. next are the cables. If you need longer cables then the ones provided are not good enough. The SMA connectors are fine on the RC but on the tracktenna side it is not practicle.- especially in the winter.... However, the system will work fine for most of the missions. For real critical professional missions I would like to see 18+ dbi antennas, N-connectors. Perfect would be if the GPS data(NMEA data) is not provided via RC and CAN bus only but if there would be an option to get it via USB or wireless and an app for Android or windows that provides the NMEA stream with the right protocol. That saves extra cables through the roof of our van and opens up for other drones ( and Dji gets more customers/sales). The technology isn't very new and it is inexpensive. Dji does a good job in combining it with sensors. RC freaks build trackers since many years now. Ususally some level and compass adjustment and a whole lotta cables. Nice if we could avoid this with the tracktenna!

It seems the final version isn't ready yet.. and this is good so because the version that was presented is not as mature as it looks on the pictures. As example you would exoect from an antenna tracking system flexibility for antennas. The current version uses antennas that are not very directional. Most people however that want to use an antenna tracker want to limit the angles down to a maybe 18-24dbi antenna. Also I wonder how the 5.8Ghz band is involved. This frequency is not suitable for high penetration or/and long range. next are the cables. If you need longer cables then the ones provided are not good enough. The SMA connectors are fine on the RC but on the tracktenna side it is not practicle.- especially in the winter.... However, the system will work fine for most of the missions. For real critical professional missions I would like to see 18+ dbi antennas, N-connectors. Perfect would be if the GPS data(NMEA data) is not provided via RC and CAN bus only but if there would be an option to get it via USB or wireless and an app for Android or windows that provides the NMEA stream with the right protocol. That saves extra cables through the roof of our van and opens up for other drones ( and Dji gets more customers/sales). The technology isn't very new and it is inexpensive. Dji does a good job in combining it with sensors. RC freaks build trackers since many years now. Ususally some level and compass adjustment and a whole lotta cables. Nice if we could avoid this with the tracktenna!

Awesome input. You must have went to some shows?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah